Insane Singing

Tord has kidnapped Tom, who is co-leader of the rebellion.
This is an idea that's been bothering me for a while. What if Tord tortured Tom so much that he broke and only replies by singing lyrics from any song? Weird, I know.

(Tord's POV)

There he was. Strapped into a wooden chair and covered in crimson blood. His own? Obviously. I've been trying for a whole month to get some information out of him, and nothing! I've tortured him, threatened to kill him, and even ripped out the black pits known as his eyes. And yet, still nothing. I walk over to him, crouching down to meet with him at eye level, which he can't see of course. He hasn't said a word. Not even a wimper.

"Hey," I say to him. He flinches a bit at the sudden sound. His expression remains emotionless.
"Today, if you don't say anything, will be 3 hours. Non-stop,"
"He's just non-stop..." (Hamilton) Tom suddenly sings quietly. I raise an eyebrow at him.
"What did you just say?"
"I'm going crazy..." (I'm Insane, Myah Marie) He's singing. Godammit, he's singing. I finally broke him, haven't I? He looks up at me with bloody tears. He pauses a bit and continues with one line.
"What have you done to me?" He sings while looking up, more tears running from his bloody eye sockets. I don't remember doing it. I don't remember taking the keys from my belt and inserting them into the cuffs holding him down. I just remember him, free from the chair. But he didn't move. He stayed. He stayed with me.

~Timeskip to a week later~

It's strange. Tom still has yet to leave. I freed him, but he clings to me as if I'm his life support. I took him to the medical office to heal him from the intense torture. I also started working on goggles for him to see again. The only thing I got in return was a,
"I wanna thank you," (Thank You, Meghan Trainor)

"You're crazy," I'd tell him. He'd reply with:
"So what if I'm crazy, all the best people are," (Mad Hatter, Melanie Martinez)

Over the few days he was with me, I've gotten used to the musical responses I'd get. I'm kind of fond of them actually, but they're very...strange to say the least. I keep him in a cell that contains some things he requested, through song of course. Headphones, an iPod, and his bass. I'm not sure how he managed to explain to me what he wanted through song, but he did it. I walked over to his cell, hearing faint singing echoing in the dank halls.

"Welcome to the panic room. Where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you, come for you~" (Panic Room, Au/Ra) I'd hate to admit it to his face, but his singing really is amazing. His voice is smooth and beautiful despite being a bit hoarse from screaming in agony. He has a very large vocal range as well. He used to hate singing in front of people before, but now hearing him, I wonder why? I guess he gets confidence from only singing now. As I walked closer, he paused and shifted to a different song.

"Pineapples are in my head...got nobody cuz I'm brain dead..."
"Somebody said I'm a fucking slum, don't know where I belong,"
"Maybe you're fucking dumb, maybe I'm just a bum,"
"Maybe you're fucking scum. Don't you go psycho, chum."
"I want you for the world, I want you all the time," (Pork Soda, Glass Animals) I hear him sigh before stopping. I knock on the secure glass wall with holes in it, trapping Tom inside. He quickly looks in the direction where he thinks the knock came from. Which seemed difficult since sounds echoed inside his cell. I open the metal door leading to the inside. It screeched on the cement floor, making him cover his ears.

"Oh Thomas~, I have a gift for you~" I say sweetly. His faces lights up in excitement.
"Hello, how are you, my darling, today?"(I do Adore, Mindy Gledhill) He sings. My face feels a little warm. Thank god he can't see me. Well, not yet.
"Your goggles are done, you'll finally be able to see again!" He smiles excitedly.
"I love you too much~"(The Book of Life) he sings without even hesitating. I feel the blood rush to my face. Does he mean it? Ignoring the heat in my face, I pull out the goggles and fasten them to his head.

"Alright Thomas, I'll need to inject a chip into you so you can see, okay?" I say to him. He nods, motioning me to do it. I sigh, taking out a needle filled with a blue fluid and a microscopic chip. I go behind him and insert the needle, finishing it off as quickly as I can. He flinched a bit, but he didn't sing a word.

I face him again and press the power button on the side of the goggles. The screen shows the word 'Loading...' in bright green LEDs. After a minute of connecting to the chip, the word morphed into two lines, indicating his eyes. He slowly looks around and finally lands his eyes on me. He gives a huge smile and hugs me hard, almost knocking me down.

~Timeskip again~

I was walking to Tom's room again. It was eerily quiet, especially for him. I quicken my pace a bit before hearing his voice singing. I almost gave a sigh of relief, but then I heard the song he was singing.

"Got a secret.
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save~
Better lock it, in your pocket.
Taking this one to the grave.
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said~
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead..." (Pretty Little Liars) I heard what sounded like a screech, but was cut off to the beat of the end of the song. I run over to his (now a padded) cell. I see Tom crouched in a corner of the room, holding something. His hands are covered in blood. I tap on the glass. He turns toward me and waves happily with a bloody hand.

"Thomas, what are you doing?" His expression changes to a bit confused and answers,
"I'm waving through a window," (Dear Evan Hansen) I sigh and try again.
"No, I mean, what are you holding?" He walks over to me at the glass, cupping the small object. He opens his cupped hands and shows me a dead bird with a snapped neck. Huh, interesting. His insane side is really showing.

"I'm gonna have to talk to the doctors about letting animals in..." I mumbled with a sigh. I take my walkie-talkie and speak into it.
"Any doctors close to patient #23's cell, please come and remove a dead bird, sterilize the cell as well," I hear tapping on the glass from the other side. Tom is trying to get my attention. I turn toward him.
"What is it, Tom?" He forms his hands into a heart and smiles at me. I feel the heat rush to my cheeks.
"In other words~ I. Love. You!" (Fly me to the moon) he sings happily. I stay silent and he looks at me, confused.

"...why?" I asked quietly. "I've tortured you to the point of insanity, I ripped out your eyes, and I've trapped you here, away from Edd and Matt! How can you love me?"
"...But I can't help, falling in love with you~" he replied, just as quietly. I hesitantly open the metal door, it screeches as loud as ever. I suddenly get pulled by my normal arm, now facing Tom. He leans in, really close to my ear.

"I love you," he whispered, not singing.

A/n:
Now that right there, is called Stockholm syndrome.