Gang Member! Tom x Tord

Okayy, so they're still living in the house, just imagine it's closer to society or something.

(Tord's POV)

I've been examining the Jehovah's witness's activity for a few days. Weird, I know, but I've been requested to do this, courtesy of Edd. He told me that Tom has been acting weird. As in, less drunk, more suspicious. He'd leave late at night and come back with bruises and sometimes cuts. Whenever we'd ask him about it, he'd say 'I'm fine' like he does every time he's not fine. Tonight, I'm going to follow him to...wherever he's been going. Again, request from Edd.

He starts his routine. At around 11:00pm he packs some stuff in a small bag. At 11:30pm he makes sure everyone else is asleep. I'm faking my sleep of course. Once he goes around the house twice, always twice, he leaves the house through his window. He leaves the window slightly open so he could come back home easily.

I hear him sliding the window open. I wait a bit and hear it slide almost closed. I wait a bit longer so he doesn't notice me following him.

I get out of bed and quickly slip on my red hoodie. I quickly pace to his room so I don't lose track of him. Walking into the familiar blue and alcohol scented room, I go straight to the window beside his bed. A light breeze was flowing through the open crack of the window. I spot Tom walking down the street, I bit farther than I'd like him to. I slide open the window and jump out, rolling on my side to soften the fall. I quickly start to follow him, hiding behind stray trees and buildings when he looks back.

He keeps walking and eventually stops in front of what looks to be an abandoned warehouse. He opens up his bag, pulling out a blue mask and...a bat with nails sticking out of it. Heheh...what the fuck? He fits the mask on his face. I now notice that it had black streaks running from the eye holes down the the bottom of the mask. It made it, in combination with his lack of eyes, look like he was crying. He pulls his hood over his head. He rests the bat on his shoulder and reaches for the door handle.

He opens the large and rusty warehouse doors. He looks over his shoulder one last time before slipping into the crumbling building. After the door screeches close, I scramble to run to the building. Instead of going through the door like an idiot, I went around the side and peeked through the dirty windows. It was...an interesting sight to say the least.

There were about 6 other guys (or girls, not going to judge), also wearing masks. They were all holding some sort of weapon, whether it be a switchblade or more bats. They had formed a circle around some poor guy tied to a wooden chair. There was a space in the circle, presumably for another person. I kept watching and see Tom walk forward, taking the empty space. The other ones start chanting a phrase. Or was it a name? I listen closely and hear them chant:

"Eyeless Jack! Eyeless Jack!"

Tom put up a hand and it immediately silences the others. Is this a cult or something? It's creepy, especially for Tom. Speaking of, Tom walks up to the guy in the chair, who, now, was struggling and thrashing about. He leans in and whispers something in the man's ear. The man immediately pales and stops moving. Tom raises his head and uses his right hand to trace the guy's jawline. The guy shivers and tries to get away, momentarily forgetting he was tied up.

Tom raises his bat slowly. I gasp a bit as Tom brings the bat down at full force, knocking the victim out and causing a sickening crack to echo throughout the warehouse. The crowd cheers and pumps their fists in the air. I look away and start to leave. I run back to the house, ringing the doorbell as much as I can.

"JEEZ, WHO IS It...?" Edd starts to yell, opening the door slightly and trailing off once he saw it was me.
"Let me inside, hurry," I whisper to him. He opens the door wider and I walk inside. I sit down onto our couch and take a breath.
"What happened? Did you find out where Tom went?" Edd asks me. I nod and gesture for him to sit beside me. He does and I start talking.

"I think...I think Tom is part of a gang,"

—————

(Tom's POV)

I leisurely walk back home, my mask and bat stuffed into my bag. Today was nice. For one, I didn't get beat up, and two, I got to beat someone up. I whistle a catchy tune as I get closer to home. I see it in the distance and start to quicken my pace. I go toward the side with my window. There's a large tree that I like to climb to get inside.

I reach up for a branch, the rough bark almost scratching my calloused hands. I hang my bag onto my shoulder and grab the strongest looking branch. Holding on tightly, I pull myself up. I keep on climbing and eventually reach the branch closest to my window. I expect to find my window slightly open, as usual, but it was wide open. Strange, I swore I almost closed it before.

I shrug and climb in, landing on my soft bed. I sigh and get up to put my bag and items away. As I shove my things carelessly into my closet, I hear a knock on my door. I freeze up. Who could that be?

I pretend to trudge to the door and open it up. It's the commie.

"What do you want?" I ask bluntly.
"Oh nothing, just answers," he replies nonchalantly. I look at him confusedly and shrug.
"Answers to what?"
"What you were doing at the warehouse." My 'eyes' widen in surprise. How did he know?

"What are you talking about?" I lie through my teeth.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about." He replies calmly. I stare at him for a few moments longer before pulling him into my room by his robot arm. I shut the door and lock it. I sigh and turn toward him.

"What do you want to know?"

He looks away and back to me.
"What were you doing in there? Why?"

"Well, if you watched the whole thing, I'd assume you know the answer to the first question. I did it because he was...in the way,"

"Define 'in the way',"
"He threatened someone close to me,"
"Someone in your gang? Or someone not involved?"
"Someone that was not involved." I look away from him.

"Was?"
"Now they are,"
"May I ask...?" I sigh. Looking back at him trying my hardest not to look suspicious.

"No,"
"Please?"
"No,"
"C'mon..."
"...Fine,"
"Really?"
"No," he looks at me with disappointment. He sighs and turns away.

"Tomorrow, we're talking about this more. Meet me outside your window. 11:30 pm. We'll take a walk," he says while leaving my room.

~My, my it's a Timeskip~

I slip out of the window, taking sight of the devil in red waiting for me. I brought my bag with me just in case.

"Do you have to bring that?" He asks rudely. In response I flip him off and continue to walk. We walk in a stifling silence, waiting for the other to speak first. I stare up at the night sky, wondering if my...'comrades', for lack of a better word, were doing something fun without me. I close my eye lids and breathe in the chilling October air. I notice as we walk by a bit of a broken building, Tord is strangely quiet. I thought the point of this walk was to ask questions?

"Commie, you gonna talk or what?" I finally say, irritably.
"...Why?" He starts out, his face working to show his emotion. Confusion. "Why did you join a gang?" He asks, looking at me. I give a sort of laugh at how comical that sounded.

"They paid good money, and I needed it to help my mom in high school." I reply simply. He looks at me with his mouth agape.
"You've been doing this since high school?!" He finally exclaims after a moment. I nod and we keep walking, passing by the rusty buildings in silence. I guess I wasn't paying attention or something because we had stopped near a dark alley and I couldn't sense Tord anymore. I look around and he is no where in sight.

Suddenly, a voice rang out, breaking the stifling silence.
"THOMAS, HELP!" I hear Tord yell, coming from the alley.
"Shut it!" Another, unfamiliar voice hisses. I quickly run over into the alleyway and barely see a struggling Tord held by a masked man. I quickly yank out the bat in my bag and hurry over, preparing to swing.

A loud, sickening crack rings throughout the small alleyway as the attacker falls to the ground. Tord almost falls as well, but I catch him before he could hit the floor. I lift him up into a standing position and he holds himself up. We both pant before I find my voice.

"You know how I told you about the other group threatened someone close to me?"
"Yeah?"
"That person was you," I say with a small chuckle.