Winged AU (Part 1)

Takes place in high school again. And because I gotta, Tom has unique wings in a world that disapproves of them.

In this AU, some people have feathered wings while the rest of the world doesn't. Tom goes to a new school for winged people, but hides his wings making people think he's wingless.

Usually the colors of the wings depend on what kind of person you are. White to black and sometimes other natural colors like brown.

White- Pure and good-natured. Uncommon.
Gray- In between white and black. Most common.
Black- Evil and rebellious. More common than white.
Natural colors- Unique personalities not defined by colors. Free-willed. As common as black.

Brightly colored wings are counted as legends or not real.

Okay! On with the story.

(Tom's POV)

My alarm blares in my ear, screeching at me to wake up. I slam my hand on the snooze button. Why do I have to wake up again? Oh right, school. New school.

I let out a groan and stretch my arms, cracking and popping sounds from my bones. Lastly, I stretch out my wings, getting ready to hold them close to my body for the rest of the day.

I head to my bathroom, sneaking past my step-dad's room which probably has another woman in bed. I start to get ready, quickly brushing my teeth and washing my face. I go back to my room, hearing quiet snoring from my step-dad's bedroom. I clench my wings and slip on my signature dark blue hoodie. I put on black sweatpants and grab my backpack.

I quickly walk out the door, locking it. I wait a bit for the bus to arrive. Yes, there are buses for a school full of winged people.

The surprisingly red, not yellow, bus, rolls up to my wreck of a house. I see a plethora of feathers flutter around the bus as I get on. I bring my wings closer to my body, feeling eyes stare me down as I walk down the aisle. Kids probably wondering what wing color I am. I sigh and find an empty seat in the back. Sitting down, I lean on my wings uncomfortably, causing them to cramp a bit.

I try to tune out the loud ruffling of feathers and chatting of students, instead focusing on the floor. I see a pair of feet walk into my line of vision.

"Hi! Are you new here?" The kid in front of me asks. I look up at him. He's a nice looking brunette wearing a green hoodie. His wings are pure white. Interesting.

"Y-yeah," I reply with fake shyness. Act like how they want you to.
"Oh! In that case, my name's Edd. What's yours?"
"T-Tom," he sits beside me. "That's a nice name. You have cool eyes. Hey, do you like cola?" He immediately side-tracks to a different subject. We converse for a bit until another kid comes on the bus as well. He wears a purple hoodie and has ginger hair. His wings are a nice tan and look larger than most.

"Hi Edd!" The red-head exclaims.
"Hi Matt," Edd replies calmly.
"Who's this?" Matt asks, looking at me.
"This is Tom, he's a new student,"
"Oh, hi Tim!" Matt greets me, getting my name wrong.

"I-it's Tom. H-hi," I reply. Act vulnerable.
"So, Tim, where are your wings?" My heart sinks. The bus sounds like it goes completely quiet. I can't say I wasn't expecting someone to ask.
"Um...I don't have a-any?" I try to mutter.
"W-what? Then, how'd you come to this school?" Edd asks, nervous, his voice quieting.