Merry Christmas My Dudes

Before 'The End'

(Tom's POV)

Ah, Christmas. Everyone's most favorite time of the year, right?

Wrong.

It's a shitty holiday I want nothing to do with, except destroy. A time I truly despise. A time where I drown in alcohol and set fire to everything in sight.

Tonight though, I'm just tired.

I hold on tightly to the, now warm, neck of a Smirnoff bottle. Christmas Eve has everyone bustling about with preparations. Except me, of course. I locked myself in my room with the lights off and a couple of bottles of vodka while the other three are getting ready for a wonderful Christmas party.

"Tord! Can you grab those Christmas lights over there?" Edd calls, his voice muffled beyond the door.
"Yeah, yeah, here," Tord responds. I let out a sigh and bury my head in my legs that are curled up to my chin. I place the vodka on the ground and get up slowly, my sight spinning around. I walk over to my moonlit window and just stare outside.

What a beautiful sight to see. The sky is tinted a midnight blue with hints of dark purple. Bright white stars shine through the snow-filled sky. The moon glows a beautiful light blue, illuminating the fresh and powdery snow on the ground. A picture perfect night. Why celebrate a Christmas indoors when there's something much more worthwhile to enjoy?

I grab a thick and fluffy navy blue hoodie and slip it on. I put on my checkered Vans and go back to the window. I slide it open easily, the numbingly cold air rushing into my face. Snowflakes land on my face, nipping at my skin with chills. I get out, careful not to sink into the ground too much.

I stand there for a bit, just enjoying the view. Trying to ingrain the image in my mind. I shove my hands into my pocket as I feel a light breeze swirling the not-yet-settled snow on the ground. It blows my hair around and sneaks into my eye sockets a bit. Whatever, I don't mind.

I continue to stare up into the night, pointlessly trying to count the stars. I let my eye lids fall and darkness covers my sight. I breathe in the fresh, chilling air as my other senses take over. I hear the distant rustling of trees from the nearby park, the faint Christmas caroling that makes me roll my 'eyes' in annoyance. I smell the subtle scent of peppermint wafting from the house, the smell of freshly baked cookies cooling.

It is a rare time where I'm actually enjoying myself on this wretched holiday. Of course, something has to ruin it.

"Witness! Edd wants you outside!" Tord calls from outside my room. I don't bother moving from my spot in the below freezing temperatures. I keep my sockets closed as I wait for another response.
"HEY! Get up, you stupid drunk!" I hear him attempt to open my door. I assume he picked the lock because in he comes, sounding pissed. His stomping slows once he sees me standing in the snow.

"Tom, the fuck are you doing? It's like -10 degrees Celsius," he asks with disbelief.
"I'm fine. It's not cold," I reply nonchalantly, keeping my back toward him and my eye lids shut.
"Still doesn't answer my question."
"I'm 'enjoying the view', none of that Christmas shit."
"...You're closing your eyes,"
"I can see that," a moment of silence, then a feeble attempt at hiding his laugh.

"Did you just...?" He half-asks through small laughter.
"Yeah I did," I reply with a grin creeping onto my face. I open my eye lids to face the winter sky again before turning towards Tord. I start to climb back inside, the heat of the house engulfing me in a warm embrace.

As I roll onto my bed, I turn and slide the window close. I look out at the scenery once more before looking away. Maybe I'll sketch it later.
"Alright, what do you want?" I ask him.

"Edd wanted me to get you, dunno why though," he replied while shrugging.
"I don't really feel like getting out of my room." (What a mood)
"Me neither, tired from preparing," he says while sitting next to me on my bed.

We sit together in a comfortable silence until he asks a peculiar question.
"Why do we hate each other?"

I look slightly up at him. He's staring at me.

"I don't really know. We've been fighting for so long that I can't remember why we started." I throw myself back to lie on my bed.
"Stopping would make everything peaceful and I wouldn't have to prepare to fight every time I see you, but it's become a normality so even if I try to be friends all of a sudden, it would feel weird." I rant a bit.

He hums in agreement and looks down at me.
"Do you wanna just...start over?" He asks me. I look into his silver eyes, now illuminated by outside light. I let a small smile pull onto my face.
"Sure,"

He smiles back and sighs.
"We should go. Edd's probably still waiting for us." I nod at him and we both get off my bed. Heading to the door, I prepare my eyes to be blinded by bright Christmas lights. I've been staying in a dark room for a whole day, remember?

As I slowly open the door, light immediately pours into my blacked out room. I squint my 'eyes' for a second as they adjust to the brightness. As Tord and I walk out, someone's voice stops us.

"TOM, TORD, LOOK UP!" Edd yells. We comply and both of our faces turn into a red that could rival Tord's hoodie. There, Matt is dangling a fucking mistletoe above us.
"NOW KISS!" Matt exclaims at us, childishly.

I sigh, pretending to be annoyed before I pull Tord down to my level, catching him off-guard. I give him a little kiss and walk away with a tomato-faced commie behind me. I hear Edd and Matt whoop at me as I sit on our red couch.

Maybe Christmas isn't so bad after all.

A/n:

Merry holidays! Happy birthday of Jesus! Or something...idk I'm not religious.

Hope y'all enjoy the last week of the year, see ya next year!