Hanahaki with a song

heh. have fun with this. just- don't tap away immediately.
warning: somewhat detailed descriptions of flower puking, and uhh..death. quite long.

(Tom's POV)

"Tom,"
I look up from Susan, whom I was playing. There, standing in my doorway with a weak look, is Tord.
"What is it, commie?" I answer, returning my gaze to my beloved bass. He stumbles over, covering his mouth.
"Whoa, what do you think you're doing?" I ask him, pushing his shoulder back.

He starts coughing uncontrollably. Wheezing, struggling for air. Scratching at his throat. Falling and bending over, he starts retching at the floor. I scramble over immediately to try and help him. But what do you do in this situation?

He seems to dry-heave over and over again, until pink, flat, and smooth objects covered in blood start spewing out. My heart drops at the sight. Petals. I rush off to grab my trash can, shoving it in front of him as he continues to throw up petals. I pick up the few blood-stained ones and throw them into the can.

I hurry to close and lock the door. Turning around, Tord is nearly done puking blood and petals.
"Fucking hell," I groan to myself, pacing around the room. He coughs one last time and sits back on the floor.

"How long have you had this?" I ask him.
"It started around a week ago, I couldn't bring myself to tell Edd and Matt was out of the question. I know you've been interested in flowers lately, so I came to you." He explains.
"Wha...why do you think I'm interested in flowers?" He scoffs at me.

"Please, I see petals in your room all the time. What, does it damage your masculinity for me to know?" I tense up. Yeah, I'm 'interested in flowers'.
"Whatever," I mutter. "Okay, to keep this simple, you have a disease that is fatal if you don't cure it." I explain to him.

He immediately jumps into panic.
"W-what?! What's the disease? How do I cure it?!" He yells at me. I roll my 'eyes'.
"Calm down, lover boy. I'm getting to that."
"Lover boy...?"
"Yeah, this disease is called the Hanahaki disease. It's caused from one-sided or unrequited love for someone. Basically, you probably love someone that doesn't love you back, am I right?" I stare at him with a bored expression.

His face turns a light pink, staining his cheeks and ears. I continue explaining.
"There are two cures. One is surgery. That's pretty expensive and will cause you to lose whatever feelings you have for them. The other is for your crush to say 'I love you' at you with full meaning." He starts to mumble to himself.
"He's never gonna love me...only sees me as a friend...probably straight."

"Hey, if you don't try it, you'll never know." I tell him, shrugging. "Besides, I can help you. Just tell me who the lucky boy is." I say with sarcasm. He looks at me.
"Promise not to judge?"
"Jehovah, you sound like a high school girl. I promise." He takes a breath.

"IlikeEdd," He says quickly, the bandage method. I feel kind of empty. My throat feels itchy and clogged. I take a deep breath.
"Okay...so Edd..." I start off slowly, talking being a bit difficult. I clear my throat. "I guess I'm your wing man now."

"Time to get Edd to date you, I don't want to pay for your funeral."

And that's exactly what I did for the next few weeks. Set up little 'coincidences' for him and Edd. Suggested gifts and compliments to give. Give him some bacon-flavored cola, that's bound to make him fall for you. It hurt the whole time I helped. But this isn't about me, this is about keeping a stupid commie alive, right?

One night after witnessing the sickeningly sweet gestures Tord directed towards Edd, I locked myself in my room. I couldn't fucking hold it in any longer around him.