Howdy fucker

saloontics. inspired by a comic I read. gross name calling. I tried making thompson the taller man- then I gave up- so he still smol :v

(Thompson's POV)

I watch fearfully as the love of my life waits with a noose, loose around his neck. He stands on a stage for a public execution.
"No! Stop it! LET HIM GO!" I yell, struggling, the ropes tying my limbs rubbing against me. I feel the cold barrel of a revolver press against the back of my head.
"Shut it, sheriff! This is what you faggots get!" The one holding the gun growls. I can feel warm tears slip down my face as I watch helplessly.

The crowd watching chants with excitement.
"Kill the fag!"
"The Red Bandit'll die!"
"Let the sheriff suffer!"

Todd smiles at me from the stage, the executioners ready to pull the lever that would drop the floor beneath him.
"I love you," He says to me with a sad smile.
"No- please, I BEG YOU—" The executioner snarls and pulls the lever down with no regrets. Todd falls, the noose catches his neck and tightens. His neck breaks and he is left with a quick death. The crowd cheers.

"NO!" I shout, breaking my bounds and running to his body. I take a knife from my pouch and cut the rope from my late lover's corpse. I hug him, my tears staining his body and soaking into his clothes. His eyes stay glassy, I hug his body tighter. I shake and press my face into his chest, screwing my eye closed. My love is gone forever.

"I love you too!"
"Todd, I love you-"
"I'm sorry- Todd, please-"
"Forgive me!"
"We should've run away while we could..." I mumble to his body, tears blurring my one eye.

Please don't leave me—

(Todd's POV)

I wake up from my dreamless sleep to a shivering sheriff. I look beside me on our bed. He has tears pouring down his face and whimpers escaping his lips.
"Tom," I gently shake him a bit. He continues to sleep and cry. My worry grows.
"Thompson," Doesn't move. I shake him a little less gently.
"Thompson! Wake up, you're crying!" He jolts up with a gasp, the nightmare clearly still fresh in his mind. He frantically looks over to me, his good eye and empty socket wide.

He suddenly hugs me, his tears now dripping onto my skin, down my back.
"God, Todd- I love you so much," he breaths out as if it was the end of the world. I carefully wrap my arms around him and he nuzzles into my neck.
"It's okay, it's okay." I coo to his shivering figure. "It was jus' a nightmare."

His hyperventilating goes down to a shaky breathing as I rub circles on his bare back. His tears slow to just remaining in his eye. He mumbles into my back.
"What if they find out abou' us? What if they separate us forever?" His small voice coated in fear and despair. I sigh.
"Tom, didja have that nightmare again?" I ask the smaller man. He nods, the tears coming back.

"I promise you, Thompson, that if that ever happens, we'll run away together- jus' the two of us." I say with a smile. His figure relaxes a bit, I can feel him smiling.
"Yeah...okay..." he says with shaky breaths.
"Now, le's go back to sleep. We both have'ta work tomorrow." I say to him sleepily. He nods and let's go of me. He falls back onto the bed, I lay myself down beside him.

I hug the smaller male from behind as I hear soft snores from him. I sigh in relief.
"Love you too, sheriff..." I mumble as I fall back into an aimless dreamland.

A/n:
how tf does one type in southern