Chapter 4

After a while of skating and doing tricks. Yata and y/n decided to go to the ramen place they went to before. they sat and were eating when y/n finally spoke. "hey Yata I'm thinking about moving back into the bar." 

"huh?" he looked at her surprised. "what do you mean move back? you mean you were living there before."

 you nodded. "yeah. I moved out there years ago cause I had to go to the school on the island. And they had most of the students live there. but the problem is that all the senior students dorms are being shut down for the rest of the year; for renovation witch is definitely gonna be a pain to move my stuff back. I'm gonna talk to dad and Izumo about it tonight. hopefully they'll be ok with it." 

"I'm sure they'll be fine with it. I heard Tatara say the other day that he was happy your gonna visit soon. I'm sure that he'd love having you back." 

"yeah you're probably right." I smile 

"and plus we'll get to hangout more at the bar if you live there. it's my number one hangout spot other then the skate park and the arcade, also I kinda live at HOMRA too... " he looked away. 

"really cool! I guess that means we'll have way more time to hang out! You said arcade do you like video games?" 

"yeah mostly shooters and stuff like that why?" 

"well I love games and I was wondering what ones you had. and I thought I'd be cool to play with you. I never got to really play games with anyone. I'm mostly a loner you see hehehe....." I scratched the back of my head a bit embarrassed. 

he smiled when he heard what she said. "yeah it be awesome! I bet I could totally beat you!" 

"no way I'll definitely kick your ass! hehe oh! but before we start playing I should probably talk to dad and Izumo about moving back in." 

"yeah that sounds like a good idea. we should probably head back then huh." 

"yeah."

————————————————
At HOMRA

The door opened and y/n and Yata came in. "hey how was it; did you guys have fun?" Izumo looked at y/n smiling. 

"yeah it was awesome! we went to the skate park and then a ramen house and then came back here. it was all really fun!" her eyes sparkled as she spoke. "but I was hoping to talk to you and dad about letting me move back in. if that's ok?"

 "I'm fine with it. you're always welcome back. this is where you grew up after all." 

"I should probably go tell dad." 

"sure he's upstairs talking a nap." 

"why am I not surprised." I said with a sigh and headed upstairs

——————————————

Mikoto was currently laying on his bed with one of his special boxes open looking at the contents. he had two. one that he kept the treasured things from his daughter and one with the memories he had with him and Isana. when he thought about y/n he always thought that she inherited more from her than him. 

'Geez..' what made him more sentimental than usual today. 'so annoying...' But still he smiled and closed his eyes relaxing until he heard a knock on the door. he quickly shut the box. 

"Come in." y/n stepped in and closed the door behind her and looked up. she recognized the box on his bed. "thinking about mom?" 

"yeah... and how much you've grown. so what's up?" 

"oh. right! I was wondering if I could move back into the bar. they're renovating the dorms for the seniors so they'll be closed for the rest of the year. I already talked to Izumo and he was cool with it." 

"sure, That's fine it'll be good to have you back home after so long." he smiled.

 "great! I'm gonna go ask Izumo where my room will be." she turned to go but was stopped by a hand on her head. 

"hey. how is Yata treating you is he being a good guardian and friend?" 

she turned to him and gave him one of the biggest smiles he had ever seen on her face in a long time. "the best Dad!" 

he nodded his approval. and gave her a small push in the detection of the door and she left to head down stares. he lay back down on his bed and closed his eyes.

—————————————
Meanwhile down stares

"Soooooo.... Yata how was your date" Chitose snickered 

"shut up it wasn't a date!" 

"Sure whatever you say~" 

"now, now let's not tease Yata to much it's natural for Yata to stay close to her. he is her guardian after all." Izumo chimed.

"wait. what do mean by guardian?" 

"yeah see when you made your vow to the king to protect her you became her guardian. in fact I think you'll always sense when she's in danger. cause of the seal of your promise of on yours and hers insignia." Izumo said. 

"hey Izumo I just realized something that Yata and y/n HOMRA mark is in the same place! maybe it was destiny for them to meet." Tatara chirped. 

"huh! her mark is in the same place as m-mine!" he blushed at the thought of seeing it on her collarbone. 

"oooooohhhh! Yata is having dirty thoughts~" Chitose teases 

"shut up! and I'm not your just a pervert!" 

"hey!"

 "it's kinda true." Masaomi agreed. the rest in the bar nodded except Anna who was just staring at her marbles. then they heard footsteps coming down the stares. 

"looks like y/n is back from talking to Mikoto." 

"what were they talking about?" Anna looked to Izumo. 

"you'll see and I think you'll be pretty happy about it too." 

y/n walked up to Izumo. "well he said yes. and also I was wondering what room to take?"

 "there's one free room at the very end of the hall."

 "wait! that room is the one next to...." Yata trailed off and looked away. 

"what is it? what's wrong?  Yata?" 

Eric snickered. "the chihuahua is embarrassed because that's the room next to his." 

"but I don't really get why he's embarrassed. he is my guardian now after all wouldn't it better if he was close by. and We can hangout more and play video games in his room. I heard that he has a ton!" I looked at Izumo smiling. 

"while that maybe true. y/n you must remember your also a lady and you should be careful of how you say things." he pointed over to Yata who was now red head to toe. 

I blush realizing just how it sounded when I said it out loud. "umm. yeah... I guess you got a point." 

Anna walked up to me and tugs on my shirt. "is it true; are you really coming back to stay?" 

I nod. "that means I'll have a lot more time to hang out with you too Anna. and we can have a girls day to go shopping have fun. and you can show me all the places that have the most beautiful red. what do you think?" I ask. she nods happily. 

I smile. "well I better get going to school island and get my stuff, and come back here." 

Yata looked up. "do you need any help?" 

"no. I'll be fine I don't really have much stuff actually, now that I think about it it can all fit into one big duffle. so I should be good." I head for the door grabbing my bored. "I'll see you soon ok." I waved and got some in return then headed out to get my stuff.