Wants and Needs

I know this sounds like a lesson for Kindergartners, but please bare with me.

I don't want to put Seto and I in danger. I need to advocate for James, he doesn't seem dangerous at all. Seto has more skills in detecting evil that are beyond my control. "The presence of evil in normal human beings is uncontrollable, and unpredictable. We can never be sure of what lurks in the deep soul of someone you might trust." As Seto says. "NEVER trust ANYONE." What Seto says sounds reasonable, but it seems too over-the-top for anyone who hasn't faced what he's "apparently faced". I still don't fully believe that Seto has been around the death-block a few... hundered... thousand times. I don't think that he has had THAT many encounters with his enemy, Shadow, the guy who attacked us in Seto's room. When we get on the bus the next day, Seto sits away from me for no reason other than that James was sitting in the seat set next to me. Seto continues to avoid James for the rest of the day. We get home that day, and, to my surprise, James vists unxepectedly.  "HEY, SETO, CHARLIE!" James yells at us from the top of my driveway. I roll my eyes and Seto hesitantly walks forward. "Hello..." Seto looks like he wants to rush James. I wonder why he looks that way. Seto holds out one hand, as if he was going to attack James. James does the same. Seto walks towards James, more sure of himself. I run up to Seto and try to speak with him. His eyes are glossy and white. Oh no. The same thing happened to Kate just before she died. She jumped into a pit of lava that somehow had appeared in the center of the cafeteria. My heart aches when I think of Kate, My first girlfriend. I run over to James and slap him. As my hand hits his face, Seto stops mid-walk and rushes James, knocking him to the ground. "I knew he was evil."

EARTH MINIBOSS 1: James

James gets up and looks Seto right in the eyes. "What did you do that for?"He says. I smile Maybe James isn't evil after all. James grabs Seto by the collar and slams him to the ground. "I was THINKING of killing you, but now I HAVE to kill you." James gives Seto a death threat. I have to stop this, or I'll be homeless.