MINIBOSS 1: James V.S. Seto

I rush James. He dodges. Simple attack, simple counter. I spot Charlie urging me not to fight James, I ignore him. James ALREADY threatened to kill me. I can't just turn down a challenge invitation. I have to accept any challenge that comes my way. James grabs me y the collar again. I slap his hand off. "PUNY HUMAN." He says. I've been trying to avoid using my powers, but I can't help it. I create a fireball, with the intention to kill. I chuck it at James' face. He slides by it easily. "Nice move, LOSER!" James says, as he glares at me. A pool of lava materializes under me. I simply float over it. "Is that all you got? It's really not enough for you to even THINK about challenging me. Stop this fight now, and I'll let you live." I say. James just laughs. James walks over to me and taps my chest. "It's nice when weaklings challenge me. They always seem so narcissistic." James looks me straight in the eye. "You remember me, don't you, Alex?" He says. That's the malicious presence I sensed in James, it is the Mother of All Lies. Why would MAL take a male form? It seems kind of counterproductive. "Mal, why are you here? Why did you take a male form?" I ask, keeping my guard up. "It is simple, Little Alex. I wanted to try something new." At that moment, Charlie rushes MAL and slaps her. "So this is a GAME?" Charlie asks aggressively. I try to get him away from MAL, but he won't budge. "Yes, Darling. It is." MAL says, grinning. Charlie knocks her to the ground, tears streaming from his eyes. "YOU KILLED KATE FOR THE SAKE OF A GAME?!" Charlie yells. Charlie starts repeatedly punching her. MAL starts to glitch. "Listen- ugh- Darling- I didn't- ki-" Charlie cuts her off with a strong blow. Part of MAL's feet starts to fade. "D-Darling! I didn't-" Charlie slaps her, silencing her. MAL's lower body is almost completely faded. "Charlie, STOP! You'll release her core!" I yell, trying to save Charlie from a lifetime of first degree burns. Charlie continues, defiant of my warnings. MAL's fade is almost up to her chin. "Darling, please! Stop!" MAL says. I'm shaking, waiting for the moment when she combusts. "Darling, could you p-" MAL's last word was 'you'. MAL blows up. I wince as the dust she leaves behind chars the ground, and Charlie. Charlie doesn't make a sound as the ashes scorch his body. "It is done," is all that he says. Charlie collapses. OH NO.