6

[same day again bc a lot happens lol]
---
nov. 6th, 2038.
camden.
clear and sunny skies with a chance of rain later.
10:28 a.m.
---

"We've got officers sweeping the neighborhood, in case anybody saw anything." An officer informs the two.

"Okay. Well, let us know if they find anything." Hank replies.

"What are you gonna do with that?" asks the officer.

"I've no idea.." Hank sighs.

---

"It took the first bus that came along and stayed at the end of the line. Its decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear." Connor explains.

"Androids don't feel fear." Hank shakes his head.

"Deviants do. They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions." Connor answers.

"Well, that still doesn't tell us where it went."

"It didn't have a plan and it had nowhere to go. Maybe it didn't go far.."

"Maybe.."

"Let's find out." (y/n) says.

After a while of searching, interviewing locals, and talking between officers the three reunite. "It won't get far. We'll find it sooner or later. Let's go." Hank says.

---

Hank stops at Chicken Feed to catch a quick bite. (y/n) gets out with him complaining of being thirsty. 

"Hank, how you doin'?" asks the vendor.

"Eh, you know, same old shit," he replies, pulling out his wallet.

"Plastic with you?"

"Yeah,"

"Usual?"

"Yeah just an extra drink for him." Hank gestures to (y/n).

"Hey hey hey Hank. How you doing man?" Pedro walks over with a swagger in his step.

"Good." Hank pulls him in for a hug.

"Hey, listen, I got a shit-hot tip for you. Number five on the third." 

(y/n) walks over to a table not interested in whatever the man was talking to Hank about. He stands leaning on his crutches and watching Connor cross the road and walk up to Hank.

"Come on, this is different, its 100% guaranteed. You can't go wrong." Pedro attempts to convince Hank.

"Yeah right..." Hank turns back to the vendor for a moment then back to Pedro. He sighs before agreeing, "Alright, I'm in."

"Damn straight," says Pedro as he takes some of Hank's money. Pedro walks off.

Connor steps up next to Hank and he is immediately irritated. "What is your problem?" Hank asks. "Don't you ever do as you're told?" Hank shakes his head, "Look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle!"

Connor takes a few seconds to decide what he'll say. "I'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant."

Hank shakes his head again, "Oh, wow. You've even got a brown-nosing apology program. Guys at CyberLife thought of everything, huh?"

The vendor turns around with a burger and two sodas in hand, "Here you go."

"Ah thanks, Gary, I'm starving."

The vendor points at Connor and turns his head toward Hank, "Don't leave that thing here!"

Hank turns back to him, "Huh, not a chance. Follows me everywhere." The two walk to the table (y/n) is standing by.

"Thanks, Hank." (y/n) flashes a quick smile at him and starts sucking down the soda.

Out of nowhere, Connor speaks up, "I don't want to alarm you, lieutenant, but I think your friends are engaged in illegal activities."

(y/n) busts out laughing and gets eyed down by both Hank and Connor.

The heat that had come to Connor's face before returns as he watches the detective smile widely and attempt to stop laughing.

Hank regains his composure and speaks to Connor, "Well, everybody does what they have to to get by. As long as they're not hurting anybody, I don't bother 'em." 

Connor seems to nod in understanding. "Do you eat here often?"

Hank nods, "Most days. Gary makes the best burger in Detroit."

"Is there anything you'd like to know about me?" Connor asks looking at the two with a slight smile.

"Yes." answers (y/n).

"Hell no," Hank answers simultaneously. "Well yeah, why'd they make you look so goofy and give you that weird voice?"

"Hank!" (y/n) furrows his brows and shakes his head.

Connor just answers flatly, "CyberLife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both my appearance and voice were specifically designed to facilitate my integration."

Hank nods, "Well they fucked up."

"Hank, would you leave him alone?" (y/n) elbows him in the side. "I know you don't like androids but he hasn't done shit to you."

Hank just takes the elbowing and continues eating his burger.

Connor asks yet another question, "Can I ask you a personal question, lieutenant? Why do you hate androids so much?"

Hank stares Connor dead in the eyes and answers, "I have my reasons."

"Maybe I should tell you what we know about deviants?" 

"You read my mind," Hank replies.

"Go ahead," (y/n) nods.

"We believe that a mutation occurs in the software of some androids, which can lead to them emulating a human emotion."

"In English, please," says Hank.

"They don't really feel emotions, they just get overwhelmed by irrational instructions, which can lead to unpredictable behavior."

Hank sets down his drink, "Emotions always screw everything up. Maybe androids aren't as different from us as we thought."

"I've been trying to get that idea in your head the last couple weeks!" (y/n) throws his hands in the air. He sighs, "At least the idea's in your head now."

"You ever deal with deviants before?" Hank asks.

"A few months back. A deviant was threatening to jump off the roof with a little girl. I managed to save her." Connor answers.

"So, I guess you've done all your homework, right? Know everything about us?"

"I know you both graduated top of your classes." He then looks directly at Hank, "You made a name for yourself in several cases, and became the youngest lieutenant in Detroit. I also know you've received several disciplinary warnings in recent years and you spend a lot of time in bars." Connor had been focusing on Hank to hopefully get their relationship closer. 

"So, what's your conclusion?" 

"I think working with an officer with personal issues is an added challenge, but adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features." Connor winks with a small smile.

(y/n) internally chuckles and looks at Hank's basically blank face.

Connor's eyes blink multiple times and his LED turns yellow then back to blue. "I just got a report of a suspected deviant. It's a few blocks away. We should go have a look." He side-eyes (y/n) then looks back to Hank.