18

[this whole chapter was an excuse to write excessive fluff, mind ya business]
---
nov. 22nd, 2038.
undisclosed location.
flurries and a chance of sleet.
8:30 a.m.
---

Connor brought (y/n) to the meeting with officials early so he could meet Markus. Markus' whole group was with him but one android stood closer to him while holding his hand. (y/n) leans over toward Connor's ear, "What are their names?"

Connor takes (y/n)'s hand and pulls him to his feet. "Markus, this is (y/n)."

Markus smiles at the two. "I'm Markus, as Connor said. This is Simon, North, and Josh."

(y/n) nods at the group and puts out his hand, "Nice to meet you all."

After ten minutes or so of chatting, Markus pulls Connor aside as (y/n) continues to chat with the others, mostly Simon as he was the most friendly. Connor walks up behind (y/n) and puts his hands on his shoulders. "(y/n), Markus wanted to discuss something with you."

Markus flashes a nervous smile as (y/n) approaches him. "Connor said you wanted to talk to me."

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable or make you feel like we're using you but would you be open to announcing your relationship with Connor to the media? I believe it would improve Android-Human relations and hopefully garner supporters for our cause. If you are open to it, I want to offer whatever I can because I know people might come after you or want to make you out as something you are not." Markus explains quickly, rubbing his hands together. He scratches the back of his neck waiting for a response.

"I-" (y/n) swallows harshly. "Can I think about it?"

Markus nods, "Of course, of course, I know this is a difficult decision. Just try to let me know before the meeting."

(y/n) nods before walking back to Connor's side.

Markus walks over to Simon, "Are you still open to it?"

Simon takes Markus' hands in his, "Yes," he nods with a blush painting over his face.

Markus smiles, "Great." He lays a kiss on Simon's forehead. "Thank you, love."

(y/n) clings onto Connor's arm, "I don't know about this, Connor. I'm usually open and I'm okay with everyone at the precinct knowing but this is national T.V."

Connor pulls (y/n) into a hug, "Whatever you choose to do, I'm right there with you."

(y/n) savors the embrace as he bites his lip in thought. Who was he to deny Markus' request? Surely if his relationship with Connor could aid the Android's movement he should do it, right? His closest loved ones were androids and he wanted to help them in any way he could but he was scared. This would probably spread around the world but would he be praised or ridiculed? Why should he care? Why does he care so much? Any other time this decision would be easy but knowing how the world is and having the whole world know? How would he handle that? How would the world handle him and Connor? Could he exercise immense courage and just go through with it? 

(y/n) pulls away from Connor taking a seat next to the android. His hands shake and he bounces his legs up and down. What if this? What if that? It was all that ran through his head. What if? What if? What if? He shakes his head, "Hey, Con, I'm going outside for a minute, okay?"

Connor nods at his boyfriend, "Just come back." 

The frozen air slaps (y/n)'s face as he steps out of the small building. Why was this so difficult? He should just suck it up. (y/n) rubs his hands against his freezing arms wrapped in a puffy coat. He kicks some snow lining the building.