1k special (thank you!)

(y/n) turns to his left and is met with Connor's face. His LED is gray signaling he's in sleep mode. Connor's arms are wrapped around (y/n)'s frame. A smile quickly spreads itself across his lips. He plants a kiss on Connor's forehead and his LED turns yellow as his eyes open. "It's Christmas Eve," he mumbles. Connor doesn't reply just keeps his eyes focused on (y/n)'s features. Connor lifts a hand to his cheek and rubs his curled fingers over it. "You're so pretty, Connor," (y/n) whispers, leaning in to press his lips against Connor's nose. Connor scrunches his face in response. (y/n) laughs.

"Oh," (y/n) jolts up. Connor sits up as well. "I almost forgot!" A smile spreads the corners of (y/n)'s lips from ear to ear, he looks over to Connor as if he knows. "The Christmas party is today!" 

"But today is not Christmas?" Connor tilts his head.

"Duh, we don't have the party on Christmas because you're supposed to be with your family on Christmas. Tonight is just for us at the station." 

"Oh," Connor mumbles. He wants to ask more questions but (y/n) is already in the shower. He simply gets up and gets dressed. 

---

(y/n) gets out of the shower as quickly as he can. He wraps a towel around his lower body and walks back into his bedroom. He frowns upon seeing Connor. "Connor," (y/n) groans. 

Connor's eye widen, "Yes?" 

(y/n) shake his head, "You're supposed to dress festively." He walks over to his closet, "Let me get dressed and I'll fix your outfit." (y/n) did this a lot but Connor didn't mind. He enjoyed the outfits no matter how many looks he got from the staff at the station. Connor had no sense of fashion anyway and thought (y/n) dressing him up was harmless and a good way to spend time with his love.

(y/n) finishes getting dressed by slipping an ugly sweater over his chest. Connor scans over the sweater. "What?" (y/n) asks. 

"Your garment is quite, um," Connor hesitates.

"It's an ugly sweater. It's a festive thing, Connor. That's why I was disappointed with your outfit." (y/n) explains before grabbing another sweater. "Put this on," 

Connor does as told and when the sweater passes by his head, he's greeted by (y/n)'s bright, lit up face. "Do you like it?"

"Of course!" He grabs Connor's hand. He enters the main hall and begins slipping his shoes on. 

"Don't you want breakfast?" 

"Nah, I'm good. We need to get stuff for the party, anyhow. We've got to pick up Hank, too. It's our turn to throw the party. I'm guessing Hank forgot." (y/n) keeps rambling as he puts on his shoes and coat and then takes twenty minutes to find his keys that were in his coat pocket the whole time.

The two arrive at Hank's house. The blinds are open this time and Sumo squishes his nose against the glass. (y/n) knocks and hears a thud come from inside. He laughs, "Hopefully he's not fucked up this time."

Hank stumbles to the door wearing only his boxers and a gray robe, "Yes?" He leans against the doorframe. 

"Did you forget?" (y/n) asks.

"Oh shit is it Christmas?"

"No, the Christmas party." 

"Fuck," Hank mumbles before stumbling back to his bedroom. Hank shouts, "I'll be out in five!" Connor and (y/n) enter the house giving Sumo his usual greeting pets. 

"Jeez, Hank, you need to clean." (y/n) comments.

"Ah, shut up, you asshole!" Hank yells back. Another thud sounds throughout the house.