15

nov. 12th, 2038.
(l/n) residence.
flurries.
9:12 p.m.
---

Connor watches (y/n) walk away before turning his vision toward Walt. Walt is organizing magazines with a flashing yellow LED. "Can I ask you something?" Connor asks.

"Sure."

"Why doesn't (y/n) like the garden?" Connor intertwines both of his hand's fingers.

"Care died there."

"Who's Care?"

"She was the android who worked for (y/n) before me."

"Was she a unique model like you?"

"Yes. Elijah Kamski used to be one of (y/n)'s best friends. Care and I were gifts from him."

"How did she die?"

"Someone broke into the house and shot her. (y/n) tried running after whoever it was but broke his leg in the process. Gavin Reed brought him home and Care died in (y/n)'s arms. It took him a while to stop having nightmares."

Connor's LED flashes to red before staying yellow, "Did anyone ever find who did it?"

"No. (y/n) had been pursuing multiple leads before he was assigned to cases with you and Hank. He said he'd continue pursuing them after he was finished helping you. He'd do anything to catch them."

Connor nods at him. "Thanks for telling me."

"No problem, Connor."

(y/n) walks over to the upstairs ledge with a towel on his head. He dries his hair while shouting downstairs. "Walt, can you throw me a shirt from down there. I forgot to bring them up." (y/n) stands upstairs, shirtless, drying his hair.

"Catch." Walt throws a shirt his way.

Over the whole interaction, Connor stares at (y/n) and his bare chest. Connor's mouth is slightly agape as he watches (y/n).

"You're staring," Walt comments in a low voice.

Connor snaps his head toward Walt. His face turns a deep shade of blue.

(y/n) walks down the stairs, now fully dressed. "Is something wrong, Connor?" (y/n) asks, oblivious to Connor's wandering eyes.

"Just an overheating of my systems." He smiles.

"Oh okay." (y/n) says. He walks past Connor toward Walt, "Thanks." He wraps his arms around the android.

"It's no problem."

Connor balls his fists and clenches his teeth. He watches (y/n)'s hands closely as they fall from Walt's body to (y/n)'s hips. 

"What do you guys want to do for one of your first nights of freedom?" (y/n) asks.

"You always enjoy movies," Walt replies.

"Yeah, but what do you two want to do?" 

"I think the movie is a good idea." Connor smiles.

"Alright! You two pile on the couch," He gestures toward the living room. "I'll grab some movies from my room!" 

---

Three movies in (y/n)'s sleeping in between the two androids. He's leaning against Connor's shoulder. Connor only notices when (y/n) moves and his hand falls onto Connor's knee. His face turns a deep shade of blue. "(y/n)," Connor says softly.

"Huh," (y/n) wakes up hitting his head against Connor's. "Ugh," he grabs his head. He realizes he was leaning on Connor and has hit him, "Oh my god! Sorry, Connor."

Connor's face heats up and a chill is sent down his spine. "It's okay," he chuckles softly.

"You should go to sleep, (y/n)," Walt says lowly.

"You're probably right." He stands up and stretches. "Goodnight, Connor, Walt." He salutes the two. "Feel free to finish the movies or read my books or whatever." (y/n) stumbles into the entrance hall and up the stairs.

"What do you do when he's asleep?" Connor asks.

"Clean then go into standby." Walt picks up the movies and organizes them into a stack. "He's got some interesting books you could read."

Connor nods.

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"What?" Connor's LED turns red.

"You want his affection. You were watching him as he dressed and as he hugged me. You want that for yourself. I see it in your eyes."

"And if I do?" 

"Well," he walks over to Connor. "You had best keep him safe. You better not lay a hand on him." Walt backs Connor against a wall. "I will tear your pump regulator out if a single tear leaves his eyes because of you. He's had enough grief for ten people. I will not see him upset because of you, understand?"

Connor nods quickly. "I understand," he says in a shaky voice. "I don't want to cause him any harm, I promise."

Walt backs up and plasters a smile onto his face, "Great, then we should have no problems."

Connor stays in place his LED still red. His eyes blink rapidly as he tries to process what happened. He decides to grab some books before taking a seat far away from Walt.  He flips his coin in one hand with a book in the other. He calms himself and his LED returns to a bright blue. He sees Walt finish and goes into standby so he puts the books back before doing the same.

---

"Connor!" (y/n) shakes the android's shoulders. 

Connor's eyes flutter open. "Yes?"

"I want to get you dressed." he smiles.

"What?"

"Well, I mean you should dress like a human, right?"

"I still have an LED."

"I just want to see you in something else, okay?" he admits, biting his lip.

"You could have just said that." 

"Oh, sorry." (y/n) laughs. "Follow me upstairs."

Connor sits on the bed as (y/n) rummages through his closet. "Detective, we should be leaving soon."

"I know, I know! I just want you to wear something else other than that uniform." He pulls out a few pieces of clothing from the closet. "Take off your jacket." 

Connor does as told.

"Wow, you look much better without that jacket. No offense." 

"None taken, Detective." 

"Can you undo that tie? I have a different one for you." 

Connor takes several different pieces of clothing on and off. (y/n) keeps taking a few steps back and looking over him every time he changes. "Hmm," (y/n) rests his chin on his thumb and pointer finger. 

"Detective, we will be-" 

(y/n) puts a finger to Connor's lips, "I know." He rummages through his closet again, "Just give me a minute." He pulls out suspenders and hands them to Connor, "Trust me, you'll look good in these."                                           "Is this necessary?" Connor asks.

"I mean yeah. You should have some sense of fashion."

"But you're dressing me."

"You're wearing the clothes aren't you?"

Connor's face turns bright blue and he giggles, "Heh, I guess so." He scratches the back of his neck.

"I'll take you shopping sometime."