7

nov. 6th, 2038.
65 acre avenue, abandoned apartment.
clear and sunny skies with a chance of rain later. 
4:03 p.m.
---

The three stood quietly in the elevator and as the doors open only Hank and (y/n) walk out. The two turned toward the android, "Hey, Connor! You ran outta batteries or what?" Hank asks.

"I'm sorry. I was making a report to CyberLife."

"Well do you plan on staying in the elevator?"

"No! I'm coming."

(y/n) smiles and blushes at the cute and innocent sounding android.

Hank shakes his head and walks toward the apartment. 

"C'mon," (y/n) says gesturing over Connor.

"What do we know about this guy?" Hank asks.

"Not much. Just that a neighbor reported he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody's supposed to be living here but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding an LED under his cap." Connor answers walking towards the apartment.

"Oh, Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops."

"True." (y/n) replies.

Connor knocks on the door whereas Hank leans on the wall. There's no answer and Connor looks to the other two, Hank shrugs as does (y/n). Connor knocks again this time with more force and shouts, "Anybody home?"  With no answer, Connor shouts again, "Open up! Detroit police!" A sudden rumble comes from inside the apartment.

"Stay behind me." Hank pulls out his gun.

"Got it," Connor replies.

"I don't think I've got any other choice." (y/n) adds.

Hank kicks open the door and looks around, Connor and (y/n) follow a few feet behind. Hank opens up another door with force and a flock of pigeons comes flying out. "What the fuck is this?!" Hank shouts.

"Ah, really." (y/n) puts up an arm, waiting for the pigeons to fly away.

The three walk into the apartment, completely filled with gray pigeons. "Jesus, this place stinks," Hank complains.

"R.T. Probably initials," Connor says looking at an abandoned jacket.

"He put his initials on his jacket? That's something your mom does when you're in first grade."

(y/n) laughs as more pigeons fly off.

Connor picks up a driver's license and comments, "The driver license is fake."

"Cool! At least we didn't come here for nothing." 

"Hey, Connor, look at the wall over there. Full of ra9s." (y/n) points.

"Any idea what it means?" Hank asks Connor.

"ra9, written 2471 times. It's the same sign Ortiz's android wrote on the shower wall. Why are they obsessed with this sign?"

"Is it supposed to be like their God?" (y/n) asks.

"Looks like mazes or something," Hank adds.

Hank walks back to where the majority of the pigeons are, "Agh! Jesus, I hate these things."

Connor sticks his fingers in the sink and puts the sample in his mouth. "Ugh, Connor, what are you doing?" (y/n) asks.

"I'm analyzing the sample. I can check samples in real-time. I'm sorry, I should've warned you."

"It's alright, just you know. I'll have to get used to that." 

Connor picks up an LED, "Its LED is in the sink."

"Not surprised it was an android. No human could live with all these fucking pigeons." Hank responds.

Connor walks back into the main room and examines the ceiling, then he gets jumped on by the runaway android.

"God damn fucking pigeons! What are you waiting for? Chase it!" Hank yells.

After a long chase over several gardening roofs, Hank and (y/n) make it to the roof the deviant's on. Hank tries to stop the android but the android pushes him off the roof. Connor runs to grab Hank and pulls him up onto the roof. "Shit! Oh, shit! We had it! Fuck!" Hank curses, leaning onto his knee to stand back up.

"It's my fault, I should have been faster," Connor responds.

"You'd have caught it if it weren't for me. That's alright. We know what it looks like we'll find it."

"I really wish my leg wasn't fucking broken right now we could've got him." (y/n) huffs. 

"It's alright, kid."

"Yeah, whatever." he walks back down the stairs.

Hank turns to Connor before following (y/n) down the stairs, "Hey, Connor."

Connor turns to him and Hank shakes his head, "Nothing." Hank says and follows (y/n) down the stairs.