Chapter 7: Gender Reveal Party

Nat and Wanda planned a gender reveal party for Braelynn even though she was against it. They sent out invitations including the boys. Bucky happened to check the mail the day they came in  for their dorm and left the mail sitting on the counter when he didn't see anything for him. Then he stopped for a minute and went back to the stack of mail. He saw that the boys had been invited to something he wasn't invited to from the girls. 

"That's weird." he said 

Steve came in and said "What's weird?'

"You 3 seem to be invited to something that the girls are throwing." he said as he hands them their envelopes. "Go on and open and tell me why am I not invited." 

Steve swallowed hard cause he knew what it was Nat told him to expect it in the mail. Steve said "Buck.." 

"No I want to know why I was invited to the New Years Eve party but she's clearly doing another party that I'm not invited to and I want to know why." he said 

"It's because Braelynn doesn't want you to come" Sam said 

He sighed and said "It was one night one damn night it's not like we had a relationship going." he said 

"Bucky!" Steve said 

"What? She's acting like that's what it was." Bucky said 

"Buck if you had taken the time to get know her before you stuck your dick in her you would know that she hasn't had a relationship in over a year because she was engaged to her high school boyfriend who was killed over seas last year. She got the news on her birthday last year so yeah her feelings are hurt that for the first time she got to have fun and not be a broken mess." Steve said 

Bucky swallowed hard and said "Way to go Steve thanks for making me feel even worse about the whole damn situation I hope you all enjoy your fucking party" as he walked to his room and slammed the door. 

A week later Steve and the boys went to Florida to go to the gender reveal party. Bucky stayed behind as he watched them leave and drove to Savannah to shoot with his dad. The boys made it to the girls dorm where Braelynn introduced them to her dad. After everyone got to the dorm that was invited Nat started some games up and then she said "Ok Mama come here." 

She gave Braelynn a cake and said "Cut into it." 

Braelynn started to shake and closed her eyes and let out a breathe. Wanda came over to her "You can do this it's ok I know this hurts ok but you said it yourself he wants to pretend like that night didn't happen then let him. Cut into it and let us see what we are having." she said 

Braelynn cut into the cake and pulled the piece out and saw pink and she started to cry and whispered "Thank you God." 

Marc and Karen came over and hugged her and he said "Shh baby it's ok not every guy is like me." 

Steve pulled her aside after the reveal and said "Brae what did your dad mean when he said not every guy is like him." 

She looked down and said "you know how my mom cut me off and wants nothing to do with me." 

"Yeah." he said 

"I was a one night stand baby but luckily for my mom my dad didn't have girlfriend he just was really drunk my mom found when she found out and um told him about me and he said that he would be around to be involved but he had gotten back together with my now stepmom Karen." she said 

Steve said "oh.." 

Nat said "Yeah she told me that on New Year's Eve." 

"Thanks for the party  Nat now I'm going to go scour the internet for a name for my baby girl." she said as she walked away. She went into her room and shut the door and cried Wanda looked up as she heard her. 

Nat looked down and said "I'm trying my best to be a good friend and help her do the fun things in this but it just seems to make her feel worse." 

Wanda said "She's doing the right thing we all are in agreeance on that right." 

"Yes' Marc said 

"Even if we get our heads bitten off because he's not invited to things." Sam said 

She laid on her bed and scrolled through pinterest trying to come up with a name. About an hour later she came out and saw that her dad and stepmom were still there and she said "Annistyn Renee Cooper." 

Marc came over and hugged her and said "I love it baby girl" 

They all hugged her and she finished helping them clean up and she hugged her dad and stepmom bye as they had to get on the road to head back to Macon. "Over your spring break baby we are going to come down here and help you find a duplex or an apartment for you and her that's close to campus. I'll pay for it baby don't you worry about that but we also have to talk about your car situation." 

"My car situation." she said

"Baby you can't drive that jeep forever. You have to start thinking about her and what's safe for her." he said

"Oh.. ok." she said

"We will talk about it more over time. I love you sunshine see you soon." Marc said

"Bye daddy love you." she said 

She went back upstairs to her room and went to sleep.