Chapter 8: The Baby Shower

Steve told Nat that if she was sending a baby shower invite that she needed to send them to their parents house to avoid another fight with Bucky. Nat said "Steve Braelynn and her stepmom sent them out already and it will show up as her own address she's not living on campus anymore remember." 

"Oh yeah." he said 

That afternoon the baby shower invite came in and it was addressed all 3 of them with her last name on the return address. Steve showed it to the boys in his room and hid it with the gender reveal invite from a few months ago. They had their moms pick out something for Braelynn they weren't sure what to get her and let them know where she was registered at. 

The day of the baby shower the boys stopped in Savannah and picked up the gifts and then went to where the baby shower was being held which was at Braelynn's duplex. They pulled in and came in and hugged her. Back in GA Bucky was laying in bed with Ashlynn not realizing that his friends had left as they were kissing and he said "Baby let's elope I don't want a big wedding I just want you and I baby." 

"Really? You don't want your 3 best friends to be at your wedding." she said

"No right now I feel like all my friends hate me and I don't know why and I just rather us run away and get married." he said

"Ok.. well when do you want to do this." she said

"Summer this summer." he said 

"Sounds good to me." she said as she kissed him. 

All while this marriage talk is going on with Bucky Braelynn was in Florida with his friends and her family opening up baby gifts. After she opened all the gifts her dad said "ok Ms Braelynn Rose we have a gift for you." 

"Ok." she said 

He helped her up and said "Close your eyes baby." as he guided her outside. 

He took her outside and her stepmom pulled in and got out. She shut the door quietly and she said "Open up sunshine." 

She moved her hands and opened her eyes and saw a red Kia Sorento in her driveway and she said "Daddy.." 

"It's the one you picked the one you liked the most." he said 

Karen handed her the keys and said "I picked it up this morning that's why I was late

Karen handed her the keys and said "I picked it up this morning that's why I was late." 

"I love it." as she opened it up 

Meanwhile back in GA..

Bucky and Ashlynn after celebrating their decision with some morning sex they got dressed and came out and Bucky said "hey guys.." 

He didn't see them the tv wasn't even on he looked in their rooms and said "Where the hell are they now?' 

He went into his room and found his phone and Steve ignored the call and so did the other two. He threw his phone and whispered "Must be in Florida." 

Ashlynn came in and said "You ok?'

"Yeah baby we are definitely going to get married this summer." he said 

She smiled and said "Ok." 

That night the girls stayed over and helped her get the nursery finished up and helped her get everything washed and put away. The boys helped her get all the furniture together before they headed back to Athens. 

When the boys got back Bucky was waiting for them in the living room with a beer

When the boys got back Bucky was waiting for them in the living room with a beer. "Where the hell have you 3 been all day." he said

"We went to see the girls big deal." Sam said

"Oh yeah when do you randomly go see the girls now this is like the 3rd or 4th time this month that you 3 have taken off without telling me a damn thing. I came out here this morning to tell my 3 best friends that me and Ashlynn have decided that we are going to elope this summer and you 3 were no where to be found not a single note or a text nothing. When I tried to call you 3 all I got was ignored." he said 

"Bucky seriously stop we went to see our girlfriends." Sam said 

"And Braelynn." He said

"No just the girls." Clint said 

"What do you mean just the girls. She's their room mate." he said 

"Not anymore. She moved out and quit cheerleading. She told her dad that she didn't want to cheer anymore and wanted to be alone so he helped her find a duplex close to campus for her to live in." Steve said 

"Your lying." Bucky said

"You think I'm lying." Steve said as he got his phone out. 

He called Nat and said "Hey baby tell Buck that I"m telling the truth that Braelynn really did quit cheer and moved off campus." 

Nat smiled and said "He's telling the truth Buck. She doesn't live with us anymore and she doesn't cheer anymore she turned in her uniform after Thanksgiving just before basketball season started." 

Bucky swallowed hard and said "I know you all are still hiding something cause you 3 were invited to something around the first of the year." 

"Oh that was her housewarming party" Wanda said cause Nat had it on speakerphone. 

"At your dorm. Cause the return address was your dorm address." Bucky said

"Well she only had a bed it would be rude to invite people over with no furniture." Wanda said 

"Whatever.. while you are on the phone girls me and Ashlynn are eloping this summer." he said and walked off to his room and slammed the door.