| Chapter Nine | Lightning Strikes

Meant to post this earlier in the day....better late then never...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't aspire to be the best in the team. Aspire to be the best for the team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seto's hands balled into tight fists, Brice lowered piece of metal down.

"S-Seto, please. You need to calm down." Brice pleaded. Adam looked at the piece of metal. 'That's an anti-magic shield, but...mages hate anti-magic tools.' Adam thought. He looked at Seto. Seto looking infuriated.

"How f*cking dare you use anti-magic weaponry against me, Brice!" Seto shouted. Brice looked over his shoulder, at Adam. The recruit ran over to Adam, helping him sit up at least, his body felt sore, he had a few cuts here and there, but nothing serious. He looked at Brice.

"Why a-are you using that?! Seto d-despises anti-magic weaponry! That's just asking for him t-to rip your head off, Brice!" Adam said. Brice gripped the metal rod, looking back at Seto.

"I-I know. But, I know not to doubt Seto's abilities, that's why I am using it." Brice said. Brice looked at the recruit. "Get him out of here, now." The recruit nodded and puts Adam's arm around their neck.

"Come on, Commander." They said. Brice lifted up the rod again, invisible walls formed in front of him, Seto's fists tighten.

"I can't believe you would hide like a coward behind anti-magic walls." Seto snapped. Brice stepped towards Seto, holding onto the rod.

"Seto, come on bud...this isn't who you are," Brice said. Seto's eyes looked away, he gritted his teeth, he looked back at Brice, who was getting closer slowly. Seto turned more towards Brice, he grinned a bit.

"Not gonna hide behind your shield?" Seto asked. Brice was gonna answer when voices shouted from towards the base, Seto looks over his shoulder, his hands balled into fists. Brice saw intent, the intent towards the recruits who were coming to help.

"I-I'm so s-sorry, Seto. NOW!" Brice yelled, Seto looked at Brice as people appeared floating in the sky, magic guards, Seto looked at them, but before he could do anything, they all dropped down, drawing barriers around him, trapping him in three layers of barriers, Seto looked at them, the barrier had him confined in a small triangle shape of light, the guards stood around, holding them. Seto met eyes with Renee, she had her arms crossed, not looking happy making Seto smile.

"Isn't three barrier layout over-kill?" Seto asked. Renee shook her head slightly.

"No, I know you can break through a one and two layer barrier, but you have trouble with three," Renee said. Seto gritted his teeth, he looked at the guards, he looked back at Renee about to speak when she cut him off. "Seto I'm giving you a chance here to redeem yourself but you are giving me no choice. I don't want to do this to you, I don't want to have to hurt Cassandra or you over this. If you just work with us instead of against us then you'll be pardoned, but if you keep this up then I'll have no control what will happen." Seto rolls his eyes.

"You could have come up with a better lie, Renee," Seto said. Renee's hands clenched into fists.

"You need some sense knocked back into you, Master Azdel," Renee said. Seto grinned, his eyes glowing, the sky turning darker, clouds forming above them. Brice's eyes widen, he looked at Renee.