| Chapter Twenty-Two | The Reality Map

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's better to lose one moment in life than to lose life in one moment."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So let me see if I understand this," Cassandra spoke to Adam. She pointed at him while motioning to the others in the room. "You morons thought that it would be a great idea to steal from under the Magic Council's nose...and you didn't think to ask me for help?" she asked him.

Adam nodded a bit at her. "Oh I thought about asking you, but then I remembered that you have no place being involved in criminal activities like that. I've asked you to do a lot of stuff for me in the past, but stuff like this, I'm sorry, Cassandra, but that's a no. After all, you have enough on your plate," he said. Adam, Mitch, Ian, Quentin, Jerome, Ty, and Cassandra are all in the meeting hall, waiting for Seto to return from his discussion with the Magic Council.

Cassandra shakes her head. "But I want to help save Jason," she told Adam.

Adam's eyes soften at her. "I know you do, but even if you had asked to be involved, I still would have said no. And even if I had said yes, Harvey would have said no," he said to her. Cassandra looked away from him, knowing he is right. When it comes down to it, Cassandra's involvement with the Generals and Commander lies with the permission from both Adam and Seto.

"Don't worry, Cassandra," Jerome said making her look at him. Jerome smirked. "Soon, you'll have Jason back in your loving arms," he teased. Cassandra's eyes widen as her face flushed red with embarrassment while the others either chuckled or smiled.

Cassandra shakes her head. "W-What?! J-Jason and I are just f-friends!" Cassandra stammered.

Jerome looked at Adam. "You didn't tell her how the map works," he said pointing at the commander.

Adam shakes his head, crossing his arms. "Nope, I'm leaving that explanation to Seto," he admitted.

Cassandra sighed and looked at Adam. "Where is Seto?" she asked. Adam then explained to her everything that Seto said and how he wanted to have a private conversation with the Magic Council to explain his side of the story. But the time Adam was done explaining, Seto had walked into the room.

"So, how did it go?" Ty asked.

Adam looked at Seto. "Do I need to organize another protection detail for you?" Adam asked him in a serious tone. Seto stopped, looking at Adam as Cassandra was confused.

She looked at Adam. "Wait, what do you mean by another protection detail?" she questioned.

Ian sighed, crossing his arms, and looked at the apprentice. "A few months after the Sky Army was established, Seto went to Void City to the Magic Capital since none of us could pass through the barrier. Once Seto was only a hundred feet away from the barrier—"

Jerome looked at Cassandra, cutting Ian off. "Seto was ganged up on and brutality attacked by wizards. He would have been beaten to death if the Fyre Brothers and some bystanders hadn't come to save him when they did," Jerome spoke making Harvey look at the floor as Cassandra looked at Jerome, stunned.

"Wh-Why would they—"

Harvey looked at her, shrugging his shoulders. "It's in the past, Cassie. It doesn't matter—"