| Chapter Twelve | Convincing Rosani

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"People who help others without expecting a reward are the people who deserve the reward."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the three of them; Jason, Jordan, and Matt. Jason front with Matt in the middle and Jordan at the end. They all were moving slowly, taking their time but as well as hurrying up. Jason stopped behind a house, looking at the back entrance to the building. He looks at Matt.

"Is the forcefield up around the building like it usually is?" Jason asked Matt. Matt shook his head.

"It shouldn't be," Matt said. Jordan looked around the corner, his eyes narrowed a bit, he smiled a bit.

"It isn't, there is usually a texture to it that makes it easy to detect at certain angles, it is down," Jordan said. Jason nodded a bit.

"Good, that makes this much easier. " Jason said. Jason's eyes scanned the area, seeing no way in without someone seeing them and Jordan saw no way in either.

"I have an idea, but you may not like it," Jordan said. Jason looked at him.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I'll distract them all, you and Matt run in while they aren't looking. It is the only way for you two to get in." Jordan said. Jason stared at him, Matt shaking his head.

"No, that's dumb! You--"

"Are you sure about this?" Jason asked. Jordan shrugged his shoulders.

"Not really but I'm a fast runner, so--"

"We could always get captured," Matt said. Jason shakes his head, looking at Matt.

"And get killed in the process." He said. Jordan looked around, seeing an opening.

"Well...I'm going now, so get ready--"

"This is interesting." A chilling voice spoke behind them making Jordan and Matt jump, turning around while Jason sighed, knowing who it is. Jason looked over his shoulder, at Tristan. Tristan met Jason's eyes, smiling. "Jason, I thought you were better than this." Tristan grabs Jason's arm, Jason letting him push him against the wall as dark mages grabbed Jordan and Matt. "Got nothing to say?" Jason stayed quiet, Tristan smiling again. "This is why I like you, you don't talk much." Tristan was about to let him go when he touched the cord around Jason's neck, pulling a necklace out from under his shirt, his eyes widen a bit, Tristan smiled. "Take them inside."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's what?!" Ian almost shouted reading the paper over Sky's shoulder. Sky gripped it, he looked at the dome, swearing under his breath. "We need to get in there, Adam." Sky looked at Ian, Ian's fists relaxing as he stared at Sky. "Wait...you don't seem worried! How—"

"Because I know Jason, I know how he works. I trust him." Sky said. Ian stared at Sky, about to argue back, but thought about it. He looked away, Quentin going beside him.

"What's the plan, Sky? We aren't letting Jason go through with this plan, right?" Quentin asked. Sky's eyes flickered up, looking at the dome.

"I mean...if one of you have some type of secret weapon that I don't know about, which isn't very likely, that can get rid damn dome, I'll be happy to come up with a plan that will make it so Jason's plan isn't enacted upon. But seeing how neither of you doesn't possess said weapon....we have no choice but to trust him." Sky said. Ian and Quentin stayed silent. Sky looked at them. "I trust Jason, he can be a great leader when he needs to be, so have faith in him as I do." Ian nods, agreeing, he looked at Quentin.