| Chapter Twenty-Seven | Fighting for Survival

I know, this is a late publishing but hey still got it posted.

Btw, this book only has about three or four more chapters left before it ends and the third book begins! :)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Every next level of your life will demand a different you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seto knew he could stall for only so long, after all, he knows his father is stronger than him. The odds aren't really in his favor. Which is why he's hoping his plan works, but it is taking longer then he would have liked for them to get here.

Seto felt a spell gaze his left side making him reel backwards in pain before his hand clutched his side. He looked at his hand seeing his skin stained red. It was only a minor wound, but it was still enough to cause him pain whenever he moved. He's done good at avoiding getting hit from Vincent's spells, but the exhaustion is starting to sit in. Seto gripped his left side, using his other hand to cast a spell. But using one-handed magic was never really Seto's area of expertise and half through, his side started hurting which canceled the spell and made him wince and his knees buckle. At this point, the two are in the mountains, near Alamut City which Seto doesn't like at all. He wants to keep the fight away from populated areas. But he can't exactly control where the fight goes.

Seto lets out a shaky pained breath and realized that he left himself wide open for an attack which of course Vincent took full advantage of. Seto saw the spell coming as the wizard collapsed to his knees, clutching his side. "N-No..." Seto mumbled as he prepared himself for a whole lot of pain. Seto closed his eyes, gripping his side, but he opened them when he felt the ground shake underneath him and no pain came. He looked in front of him seeing a rock wall in front of him that protected him from harm. The rock wall sunk down to the earth, leaving both Vincent and Seto confused as to who intervened.

Though, it wasn't exactly hard for Seto to figure out who since there is only one earth wizard that he knows who has the guts to come to his aid for a fight like this. Seto's hung his head low, gripping his side and saw a pair of boots land on the ground in front of him. He smiled a bit and looked up seeing Master Phil Southam. Phil smirked a bit before he put his hands up, making the ground between Phil and Vincent break up and go flying towards the dark wizard making Vincent retreat back. A hand grabbed Seto's arm, pulling it up and hooking it around someone's neck.

"Get Seto back! Tom, tend to his wounds! Matt, you protect Tom and Seto. Phil and I will distract Vincent!" Seto heard a voice order.

Then he heard the disagreement. "What? Oh Nether no, James. You are still recovering from your injuries--"

"Yes, I am, but this isn't the time to argue! We need to push Vincent towards Verane so we can keep him away from Alamut City!" the voice said. Seto looked up seeing none other than the Fyre Brothers, four wizard brothers that have always been on Seto's side through thick and thin. These four are the only four from the Magic Community that Seto knows he can trust to always be there whenever he needs them. Before Adam and them left Alamut City to get here, Seto sent a letter to Phil asking for their help in the fight against Vincent and he's so glad they came.

"T-Thanks guys..." Seto said weakly. Tom wrapped his arm around Seto's back, careful of his left side, and stood up, letting the injured wizard lean against him for support.

Matt grabbed Seto's other arm, helping to keep him on his feet. "Come on, let's go to the cave," he said. Tom, Matt, and Seto went to the cave entrance as Phil and Wag distracted Vincent. Tom and Matt set Seto down against the cave wall, Seto groaning in pain. Tom pushed Seto's shirt halfway up and biting down on his bottom lip.