| Chapter Twenty | The Heist

I know, updating this book on the wrong day. But I don't have chapters ready for Pulse, The Warrior Prince, The Magic War, or Legends Never Fade since I've been working on this. So think of this as a make up for not only the long delay between chapters, but making up for no updates.

Enjoy the chapter! Made it extra long for y'all! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You just can't beat a person who never gives up."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe this is really happening," Ian spoke. Seto cracked a small smile as Jerome spoke.

"Oh stop complaining. We haven't done something this fun in a long time," Jerome said. Seto slowed down to a stop, his eyes searching around until he found a door.

"There," Seto said before going up to the door, he grabbed Jerome's wrist when Jerome was about to grab the handle.

"What--"

"Do not touch anything, Jerome. I thought I made that clear to you. We're breaking into the Council Building, nothing is going to be as it seems," Seto spoke before pushing Jerome's arm away and letting go. Seto put his hand out, hovering a few inches from the door. His eyes glowed a purplish violet aura, a magic circle appeared engraved into the wood. The circle slowly going from a golden color to purple and burning up to nothing.

"What was that?" Ian questioned.

Seto lowered his arm. "A locking trap spell. Anyone who touches it who isn't granted permission to open this door triggers a trap," Seto said before he looked at Jerome. "This is why I gave you the rule of not touching anything." Seto ajars the door, looking through the crack and down the hallway. He looked around for any guard or guest. When he didn't see anyone, he opened the door, the three going inside and quickly hiding. Ian looked at Seto, seeing him looking around.

Ian pulled out his sword. "So, where are we going next?" Ian whispered. Seto bit his bottom lip, going through his memory. It wasn't that he was lost, he was just trying to remember where he should be going. He leads Jerome and Ian down the hall, taking a few turns until Seto stopped. He grabbed Jerome when he walked a few paces ahead and yanked him backward and up against the wall beside him.

Jerome tensed up a bit at his abrupt yank. "Sorry," he apologized. Seto looked around the corner, seeing guards in front of a door.

"That's it," he said.

"How are we gonna get past them?" Ian asked Seto. Seto looked at the two, thinking. He paused before an idea hit him which made him smirk.

Jerome groaned at him. "Oh no, I hate it when Seto smirks," he mumbled.

Ian nods, agreeing. "Yeah, me too," he said. Seto lost his smirk a bit at them.

He rolled his eyes at them. "Oh stuff it. I have an idea, you two aren't gonna like it—"

Jerome nodded. "I kinda figured I wasn't going to like it. But I got nothing better, so hit me with it and let's do it," he said.

Seto hesitated but spoke. "Long story short, I want you both to go get caught by the guards," he said. The two stared at Seto with questioning looks for a minute until Jerome broke the silence.