New Boy

Hey guys, just so you know, this is my first time writing a story so it's not perfect and I know my first chapters are kind of short but that is to just introduce the story. So please don't stop after the first one because it does get better. Please comment on anything you like/dislike! Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beep Beep*

"Ughh," I say as I turn off my alarm. It's the first day of junior year and I am not mentally prepared. My name is Samantha Miller but I go by Sam, Im 17 years old and I go to Lincoln High school in California. And although my summer was not what you call the best , it will probably be better than this school year.

I slowly get up and take a shower and do my morning routine. I don't put much thought into my outfit. I put on black shorts, a pink tank, and black vans. Who am I trying to impress?

I look at my clock and it reads 7:25. I quickly apply mascara to bring out my green eyes, brush my long brown hair, grab my bag, and run downstairs.

"You better eat something Sam,"my mom says as I am about to walk out the door.

"Hey!" my sister yells as I grab the waffle off her plate.

"Right, most important meal of the day," I say rolling my eyes as I walk out to my car. I turn on the car, roll the windows down, and begin my trip back to Hell.

I walk into school at 7:32 and sigh as I realize that summer is over. As I walk through the lobby all I seem to notice are all the new kids and slutty freshmen.

"OH MY GOSH SAM I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" my friend Rachel screams catching me off guard and wrapping me in her arms. I love Rachel because she's so sweet and not to mention completely gorgeous with her wavy brown hair and blue eyes.

"Haha I missed you too. You look great!"

"Thanks you too! Hey have you noticed how many new kids there are this year? Maybe we'll score some total hotties," she says winking.

"Yeah after this summer, boys are definitely the last thing on my mind.."

She looks down at her feet, "Oh yeah, what all happened with..Cameron?"

I knew she was going to say something. I could go on and on about Cameron but all I say is,"He's an ass and that's all there is. It's a new school year. One without him."

"There ya go! Hey fill me in at lunch! I have to go to my locker," she says walking away.

I only have a few minutes left to get to my first class so I get to my locker quickly saying hi to a few of my friends on the way. Once I open my locker I begin to take out all of my supplies and organize them.

Freshmen year and Sophomore year I had no one next to my locker but since there were so many new kids this year I wasn't surprised when someone came up to the locker next to mine to open it.

"Sorry," I say moving my locker door closer to me so they had room. I didn't look at them because I was digging in my bag for my calculator.

"Your fine," he says in a cheery but deep voice. I immediately look up noticing it isn't a girl. He is tall, has brown hair, and is staring down at his schedule.

"Um, do you need help finding your first hour class?" I ask smiling. He then looks up at me and that's when I notice how cute he is.

He stares at me for a sec with his hazel eyes, smiles, and asks, "Yeah, could you show me where the chemistry room is?"

"Of course," I say closing my locker.

"By the way," he says holding out his hand and smiling. "My names Ansel."