Ansel's House

My heart is now beating at such a fast speed and I feel sick to my stomach. I cant do this. Is he really going to make me sing? Well he cant actually make me. Before I say anything Ansel walks out of the booth and sits behind the table and turns on switches.

"Ansel.." I say shaky and taking a deep breath. He looks up at me with a concerned look on his face and comes back in. I take the headphones off and set them on the stool.

"Ansel. I-I can't sing for you. I'm terrified and I just can't do it. I mean unless if you want to clean up puke later," I say looking down at my shoes and I can already feel my heart rate beginning to slow down.

"But isn't that why you're here? Come on Sam. You gotta face your fears. I don't even have to be down here at first. Whatever makes you comfortable. I want others and myself to enjoy that voice hidden in you," he says looking down at me. I take a deep breath and nod. He's right. It's just so scary. What if it's not as good as my friends and family says it is? They are suppose to say whatever makes me happy.

"What song do you want to sing?" he asks.

"Um, I guess The Heart Wants What it Wants by Selena Gomez. It's one of my faves right now so may as well.." I respond taking another deep breath. He's not even going to be down here. Ill be fine.

"Wow what a classic," he laughs and walks out setting up his phone to play the background music for the song. My face is so red I can feel it. I wipe my hands on my pants nervously. Maybe I could just run. Ill just transfer schools. Simple.

"It will start playing in about 30 seconds. Ill be upstairs." he says and then begins to walk upstairs. As soon as I hear the door shut I put the headphones back around my neck and stand in front of the mic. I take another deep breath and put the headphones on my ears before beginning to sing. I start off a little shaky but by the middle I'm really into the song, singing like I've never have before.

Once the song ends I take off the headphones and set them on the stool and walk out of the booth. I'm pretty proud of myself for actually singing. I didn't think I'd do it.

"That was amazing!" Ansel yells coming out from behind the wall where the stairs are. I jump and hold onto the table for support.

"What the hell!? I thought you went upstairs? You scared me!" I yell holding my hand over my chest. He walks over and grabs his phone and laughs.

"Sorry but did you really think I was going upstairs? I literally just opened and closed the door. You're an amazing singer though Sam. Like that was incredible. You just need to work on your stage fright thing."

"It's not that easy. Rachel and Ashley are lucky they've even heard me sing," I respond. I can't believe he just heard me. What if he's lying to me?

"Well then we have a lot of work to do. Want something to eat? I'm starving," he says putting his hand over his stomach.

"Uh yeah I guess," I say. I can't believe he heard me sing and then scared me like that and acted like it was nothing. I really hope he doesn't have my singing saved or anything.

"Great! Pizza?," he says smiling wide.

"Perfect," I say taking a deep breath and following him upstairs to his kitchen. He goes to his freezer and pulls out a pepperoni pizza and turns on the oven. I sit down at his counter and go on my phone. He goes into his fridge and grabs a water and sets it down in front of me. I take it and drink half of it. Singing makes me so thirsty. Ansel then leans against the cabinet and looks at me.

"I really hope you're as good an actor as your are a singer," he says laughing.

"I've never really tried it. I honestly don't even know what the play is about. Is it a musical?" I say and he shakes his head.