Audition

~~~~~~~~~~FRIDAY~~~~~~~~~~

*Beep Beep Beep*

I run my hand along my bedside table until I touch my phone and I hit the snooze button without looking. I shove my face into the pillow and groan. At least it's Friday....OH MY GOD. IT'S FRIDAY. THE AUDITION IS TODAY. I already feel sick to my stomach. Today came so quickly. The past two days at Ansel's house he's helped me a lot but singing in front of a teacher will be way different.

I get up slowly and go into my bathroom and turn on the shower. I grab a towel and clothes and bring them into the bathroom. I turn on some music and brush my teeth. And oh if you're wondering. No. Nothing happened at Ansel's the past two days. Not that I was expecting something to happen. Maybe...but I'm pretty sure he's still embarrassed about Michael interrupting us. It's whatever though. I mean he's been talking a lot to Mariah so that could be it to. I'm just trying not to get worked up about it.

I get into the warm shower and it takes me a while to get out because of how nice it is. I get out after around 25 minutes and dry off and put on black shorts and a t shirt. I blow dry my hair, put on a little make up on and walk back out to my room. While putting on some vans I hear my phone go off. I walk over to it and I see it's a text from Ansel.

"Audition today (:" it says.

"I can't wait!" I reply. But the thing is, I'm dreading it.

I grab my bag and walk downstairs and make some coffee. When it's done I put it in a mug and walk out to my car. I purposely drive slow. As I drive I realize that I don't want to audition but I have to. I have to because I don't want to make Ansel upset. I know he's really excited for me.

I pull into school and when I walk in the first thing I see are signs reminding that auditions are today in the choir room. I keep walking and Ashley runs up beside me on the way to my locker.

"Auditions are today!!" she says with a huge grin.

"Yaaay," I say pretending to be excited. I open my locker to get my stuff and Ashley stares at me suspiciously.

"You are excited right?" she asks.

"Of course," I say faking a smile. I don't know why I'm lying. I just don't want her to tell Ansel.

"I really hope you get the lead," she says and my stomach drops a little. I really hope not.

"Where is Ansel?" Ashley asks looking down the hall. I close my locker and shrug.

"No idea. Maybe he's running late," I say and we begin to walk to English. Before we walk in we see him and Mariah walking down the hall together.

"Or maybe he isn't.." she says and we walk in and sit down.

"Hey maybe they're just friends," she says turning to me in her seat.

"Me and him are just friends Ash. I don't care who he talks to," I say smiling a little. And it's true.

"But you guys almost kissed?" She says looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Yeah almost. Maybe we just weren't meant to."

"Okay whatever you say," she says turning back to the front. I can't help but constantly think about the audition throughout English class. When class is over I go to the library and sit at my table. I don't want to talk to Ansel just because I don't want to think about the audition but I can't just ignore him. When he walks in he walks over with a huge grin on his face.

"I can't believe it's already Friday!" he says sitting down across from me. I can't help but smile. Clearly this play means a lot to him. I love seeing him so excited and I don't want to ruin that.