One Step Closer

I don't answer right away. I honestly don't know what to say. Should I go? Or should I say no? I mean I don't know who's party this is or who's going or what's happening at this party. But I've never been to an actual party and to go with Ansel would be amazing.

"You don't have to go buuuuut it will be really fun," he says with a persuasive tone.

"Who's party is it?" I ask.

"You know Kevin? The senior? Well he's in a few of my classes and he said one of his good friends at another school is having the party and his friend told him to tell some people to come. He asked me to go and he said to bring someone," he says looking at me. I'm kind of flattered that he wants to bring me. But what if Rachel finds out that I went to a party with Kevin and whatever girl he's bringing?

The longer Ansel stares at me the more I realize that this could be the best thing to happen all year to me. If Rachel finds out ill say I didn't know Kevin was going.

"Yeah, id really like that," I say smiling at him. What could go wrong?

"Great. Ill pick you up at 10 Saturday night," he responds with a huge grin. Oh shit, 10?! My mom is going to kill me if she finds out. Hopefully she's in bed by then on Saturday. I mean I am 17 but she would kill me if she found out that I was out with a boy at night.

"Sounds good," I say as the bell rings. The rest of the day goes by slowly and I receive homework in a few classes. It's pretty simple stuff but my mind is still back in summer. After last hour I go to my locker and grab my bag. I then meet up with Rachel and wait down in the main lobby with her until Ansel comes.

"Soooo what are you guys doing tonight?" Rachel says smirking.

I shake my head and laugh,"Probably just working on my stage fright or acting or something."

"Hope it goes well. I gotta go, my dad just pulled up. Talk to ya later," she says and walks through the front doors. After a minute I see Ansel and he walks up to me and then we walk to our cars.

"Sorry it takes me so long. My last hour class is on the other side of the building," he says as we walk.

"It's fine. I'm not in any rush. You can take your time," I laugh a little and then stop at my car. I get in it as he walks to his car and gets in. I then follow him to his house. Once I park I walk up his driveway and meet him at his front door. But this time when we walk in we see shoes and backpacks strewn across the floor.

"I think Michael and Daniel are here," he says walking upstairs. I follow him slowly not knowing if I should follow him. He walks down the hall to a door at the end of the hallway and opens it up. I stay at the top of the stairs and wait for him.

"Michael! You aren't suppose to be here! There is nobody here!" Ansel yells but not in a super angry way.

"But-"

"You can stay here because I'm home now. But you know you're suppose to stay at Daniels until somebody comes home," Ansel says in a calm way. As I look down the hall I see who I assume to be Michael, poke his head out the door to look at me. He has shaggy brown hair, blue eyes and glasses. He stares at me for a second and I smile at him.

"Who is that?" Michael says looking at Ansel and then back at me. Ansel waves me over to the door and I walk up next to him.

"Michael this is Sam. Sam this is my little brother Michael. And that's our neighbor Daniel," Ansel says. I look over at Daniel who has short blonde hair and lots of freckles and smile.

"She's hot," Michael says eyeing me up and down with a smirk on his face. Him and Daniel break out into laughter and Ansel just shuts the door. I feel myself blushing from embarrassment. Getting hit on by a 10 year old isn't really flattering.