Chapter Thirteen: Josh // you're one of a kind.

Chapter Thirteen: Third Person POV

Josh:

"What was that about?"Josh asked with shock and amusement, immediately they left the library doors two hours after they went to the uni.

Tyler immediately blushed, staring at the ground that had suddenly become a lot more interesting, "I was playing my part" he muttered shyly.

Josh smiled and carefully took Tyler's hands in his, "Didn't know you were an actor but you played really well"

Tyler looked down at their hands, a smile stretching on his face and he couldn't help but swing them together, as they changed the subject and chatted all the way back to the house.

When they got there, Liam from colours was waiting on the steps that led to the front door, body covered in warm clothes due to the biting cold and his head was resting on his knees. He was shaking and looked pale. Josh and Tyler rushed over.

"Liam? Hey buddy, what're you doing out here? Come on, let's get you inside" Josh opened the door and led Liam inside.

The boy could barely talk as his lips were shaking vigorously and he looked like he'd been outside a very long time.

"Ty, could you please make some hot chocolate? I think there's whipped cream in the cupboard." Josh said as he sat Liam down on the couch, running to his room to get some blankets.

Once the hot chocolate was ready and Liam was warm enough, he began talking.

"I'm so sorry about this, Josh. I didn't mean to inconvenience you. I went over to Tyler's first but he wasn't there. There was a for sale sign in front and when I asked the landlord, he said Tyler and his dad had moved and he gave me the location which led to your house. I came over but nobody was here and I didn't want to just barge in so I decided I'd wait until you came home. I tried your number too but it wasn't going. I would've gone to Grandpa Greene's but he's out on his beach house for a vacation and he won't be back after months. I'm supposed to be taking care of the shop" Liam wasn't looking at them. He kept staring at his cup of now warm hot chocolate as if he was ashamed.

Josh's phone had died an hour after they got to the University and Tyler didn't leave with his. Liam had kept his promise of teaching Josh how to paint three weeks ago. They'd always go to the school library on Friday's and Josh would go to Colours on Saturdays. When Liam got a little too busy with school though, Tyler began teaching Josh and when he turned his painting in, it wasn't only chosen but auctioned for a lot of money, out of which Josh paid Tyler and Liam a grand bit and kept some in his savings for himself.

He'd taken a month off his job earlier to focus on school and his upcoming exams. He was granted leave without any arguments because the entire two years Josh had been working there, he'd never asked for a leave. He worked on Wednesday's and Friday's because he had no classes then but back at his old town in Ohio where he began working when he was still a junior, he worked everyday after school and his pay check was quite big so he had a lot of money building up in his account which was why he planned to move out soon.

"Liam, you shouldn't have waited in this weather. You could've gone and came back, now you're going to be sick. What was so important that you needed me and Tyler urgently?"Josh asked.

"My parents kicked me out" he said with a shrug.

"What? Why?" Tyler asked in shock.

"Well, I guess they aren't too keen on homosexuals" he laughed, trying to make a light joke even though his voice betrayed him and cracked at the end.

"Oh, Liam, that's horrible" Josh said, bringing him into a hug, "But you'd never guess who lives in a four bedroom house for no reason at all and has one especially furnished room to spare" Josh joked.

Liam raised his brows, as if asking who.

"Me, duhh" Josh laughed, "I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind. We'd be happy to have you. She always wants new people. I'll just explain your situation and you're good to go"

"Really, Josh? Are you for real? I just needed a place to stay for the night and then tomorrow I'll figure it out. I'm so grateful." Liam dropped the hot chocolate on the table in front of him and pulled Josh into a hug.

"Hey, what about me?" Tyler joked. He'd been more outspoken lately. Liam pulled him into the hug as well.

"You can stay for as long as you like, Liam. Welcome to the family" Josh whispered.

It was 8PM when Laura and Chris came back from their respective jobs. It seemed Chris picked her up from the hospital.

Liam was already sleeping in the room Josh directed him to and Tyler and Josh were waiting in the living room for their parents.

"Mom" Josh said.

"Dad" Tyler said.

"We have to talk to you" they said together.

Laura smiled at the telepathy but immediately went to sit on the chair next to them. Chris beside her.

"What's the problem, guys?" Chris had settled on calling them 'guys' and not 'kids' because he wasn't sure if Josh was comfortable with that yet. Ever since he moved in, the kid hadn't really spoken to him. Just little good mornings and good byes so Chris didn't really know how Josh felt about him.

"You know Liam from Colours?" Tyler asked.

Laura nodded, and Josh took a deep breath, "Can he move in with us?"

"What?" Chris and Laura asked at the same time.

"Calm down" Tyler said, "His parents kicked him out because he came out to them as gay and he's got no where else to go. No worries though, he's got a job and he's in his last year in highschool so he won't really be much of a bother. But please, he's our friend and we can't see him live on the streets, especially not in this cold. He's the one that helped Josh with his art and he's a nice kid, I promise" that was the longest Tyler had spoken to Laura and her heart swelled at the amount of concern written in the boys eyes. He really was too pure.

"Tyler, Josh, I want you two to know that I love you but your friends can't just up and move in with us" Tyler and Josh's shoulder slumped at Laura's words, she looked at Chris and he nodded, giving his permission,"But since we know Liam and you guys seem to love him, then, I guess he can be an exception but this is the last time, okay?" she said sternly.

Both boys nodded frantically with happiness written in their eyes, "Well where is he then? We've got to welcome him to the family. That and we're having dinner with the Millers tonight so our newest recruitment is coming with us" she smiled.

Both boys squealed and jumped from the chair, yelling Liam's name to wake him up.

"Oh and Tyler?" she called out to him,

"Yeah?"

"You're truly one of a kind."

|| - //

Liam's moves in. I ship Liam and Violet. x