Chapter Fourteen: Josh // i'm not the one who's pregnant

Chapter Fourteen: Third Person POV

Josh:

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Tyler, Happy Birthday to you! Hip Hip, hurray! Hip hip, hurray!"

Tyler Joseph was officially eighteen and the Dun's were hosting a small party which consisted of the Millers, Liam and Violet.

Tyler was dressed in his favourite yellow sweater and black jeans and he was smiling in all his barefooted glory.

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate this"

They'd skipped school, that Tuesday morning because Laura had insisted they spend the entire day together.

"Of course. You're finally eighteen, how does that feel?" Chris asked in excitement and Tyler gave the typical answer.

"I feel the same way I felt yesterday" he shrugged, "Only legal-er"

Everybody laughed like he'd said the funniest thing. Tyler shook his head at his special birthday treatment.

"Can we just eat the cake now?" he asked with a smile.

"Of course, honey."

It was two days after Liam had moved in and the excitement was just lingering in the air. It was Christmas! Lights were already hanging and the snow that always fell just felt a lot more festive because of the season. Everywhere was just so beautiful.

The family, Violet, and the Millers had gathered around, having Tyler's chocolate fudge cake made specially by the cake store downtown where Laura had ordered it from and they were all chatting when a sudden scream left Amelia's throat.

She looked in a bit of a mixture of pain and guilt when she said, "My water just broke" and sure enough, there was a wet patch stain on her dress and probably on the couch too.

Everyone stood up in alert, ready to help when Laura spoke.

"Oh my God." Laura exclaimed, immediately rushing to Amelia's side. She slowly raised her off the couch, allowing Amelia to lean on her.

"Chris, go get the car ready. Travis, please hold open the door for me" Laura ordered, taking control of the situation.

Travis who seemed to be in shut down mode, snapped and ran to hold open the front door while Chris went into the kitchen and took his keys off the counter before running to start the car.

"Mom, we've gotta come" Josh told her, making to go when Laura stopped him.

"No, Joshua. The four of you stay here and guard the house or whatever, I'm going to make sure to keep you all updated. It might take her some hours to get into labour so don't expect me early." Laura told them.

"I-i'm so s...sorry for ruining your b-birthday, Tyler - gah, son of a bitch, this hurts" there were tears streaming down Amelia's cheeks as she spoke.

Tyler smiled, "It's okay, Mrs Miller. Have a safe delivery" Tyler called out and slowly, with a waddle, they were out the door.

All four friends sighed and plopped down on the couch.

"Well, this was an eventful birthday. Ty, you okay, dude?" Liam asked from his position on the left side of Tyler, clapping him on the shoulder.

Tyler shrugged, "I'm not the one who's pregnant"

And suddenly, Josh thought, seeing Tyler with a baby bump didn't sound so bad, but he shook his head, wondering how such thoughts even entered.

One week to the exam and the nerves were already messing with his mind. He was going to have to stop tutoring Charlie and focus on his studies.

"I think a movie would do good to distract us right now" Violet offered.

Liam nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I'm kinda feeling a comedy? To get our minds off it."

"How about 21 JumpStreet? That's always good" Tyler piped in.

"Hey, come upstairs for a bit? I have to show you something" Josh whispered into Tyler's ear at the right side of him.

Tyler shrugged, "We'll be right back, guys"

Violet and Liam nodded and they left.

Josh took Tyler's hand into his own and dragged him into his room.

"Okay, close your eyes" Josh ordered.

"Um, okay." Tyler complied, closing his eyes.

When Josh had set everything up, "Open" he spoke.

It was his gift for Tyler, a half upper body painting of him holding up his shirt in a red background. It was beautiful.

"I know it's not much..." Josh began but Tyler cut him off with a hug.

"It's so beautiful, Jishwa, thank you so much. I love it. Wow, I guess those art lessons really did pay off" Tyler whispered into Josh's ear, causing shivers.

They stayed like that for sometime before Josh's phone broke them apart. It was Laura.

"Mom?" Josh answered.

"Joshua, I just called to tell you, we might be a here a while. The doctor says it's too complicated for a natural birth and if she wants her baby, she has to go through CS" Laura informed.

"Whoa, mom. Surgery? Isn't that risky?" Josh asked.

"It is. Which is why I want you, Tyler, Liam and Violet to keep the Miller's in your prayers. They're going to need a lot of it" and with that, she hung up.

Tyler looked concerned, "What? What is it?" he asked.

"Amelia has to go through surgery and it's super risky. We've gotta keep her in our prayers."

Tyler nodded, "Of course." then he blushed, realising that he and Josh were still close and he cleared his throat, shifting bit, he bit his lip, "Thanks for the gift, Josh. It was thoughtful of you"

Josh walked a little bit closer, with Tyler backing away, until Tyler's back hit the wall and Josh leaned in until his lips were just inches away from Tyler's.

"Of course" he whispered, his lips brushing against Tyler's before he went downstairs, leaving him there.

Josh didn't know what he did or why he did it, he just knew that seeing Tyler standing there in his beautiful yellow hoodie and jeans, biting his lips, he just couldn't take it and he needed any type of contact he could get and so, he resorted to brushing his lips against his soon-to-be brother's which the more he thought about it, the more he realised Tyler would hate him for it.

He decided not to think about it, and decided he'd blame it on the stress if Tyler asked.

It was less than thirty minutes later when Tyler came downstairs, shuffling with his hoodie and looking flustered and he claimed back his position in the middle of Liam and Josh with Violet at the end of the couch beside Josh and Liam at the end of the couch beside Tyler.

Violet had slept over, and it was the next morning when Laura called with excitement.

"Mom, hey. It's six in the morning, what's up?" Josh asked.

"Amelia delivered and she's still alright" Laura said with excitement.

"Yes! Thank God. What gender did she deliver? A girl? A boy?" Josh asked.

"No Josh. We didn't expect it but" Laura squealed for the sake of drama,

"It's two boys"

|| - //

Amelia was meant to give birth to one baby, PS x