Chapter Twenty: Josh // not what it looks like?

Big ten x2 I see Violet as Chloe Bailey only smaller than Tyler.

Chapter Twenty: Third Person POV

Josh:

They were in the middle of kissing when Violet Blue walked in.

Of course they scrambled away, red painting their cheeks as they realized they'd just been caught. Liam was working and so there was no body to signal them to stop and the boyfriends had been a little too engrossed in each others mouths to hear when the front door opened.

"Violet!" Tyler exclaimed, all though his voice came out in a mixture of a gasp and a whisper.

"I-it's not what it looks like" Josh was stupid enough to say.

Of course that statement hurt Tyler but he could see why Josh said it. His boyfriend had panicked and had tried to protect them.

"Not what it looks like? I just saw my best friend making out with his step brother on their living room couch" Violet said with sass.

"V, look, I'm really sorry you had to walk in on this but please, don't tell" Tyler begged, hoping that his puppy eyed charm would work on his best friend but she didn't seem to be buying it.

"You two know this is wrong, right? Like, I understand you might like each other and stuff but this is fucking wrong. You're brothers!" she reminded, her eyes widening when even she realized that they were brothers and this was so wrong and so, she wasn't going to stand for it.

"Step brothers" Josh corrected under his breath and her eyes turned to him, raising her brows and daring him to speak one more time. She looked really scary and so he kept his mouth shut.

"Violet" Tyler began, standing up to face her but he held up her hand, making him sit back down and sigh into his hands.

"You guys are brothers, Tyler. Aren't you feeling even a bit of disgust?" she asked in astonishment.

"We like each other, Violet!" Josh stood up for his boyfriend.

"So what? What if I wasn't the one who walked in? What if it was Laura or Chris or the Millers or even Liam? There'd be consequences, Josh" she ran a hand through her hair which she had now straightened.

"Liam knows" Tyler mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"Liam knows and he's okay with it?" she asked.

They nodded, looking like little kids being scolded and they looked terrified, so scared so Violet decided to quit playing.

She huffed, going to sit next to Tyler, "Listen guys, I'm just trying to look out for you two. Incest is illegal here in London and I'm not about to let you two get whisked to prison because of your carelessness" she sighed again.

"You say you like eachother?" she asked, shoulders sagged. Tyler and Josh smiled at each other, nodding vigorously.

"Well, okay. Who am I to come in between blooming love?" she asked with a shrug, "Just be more careful, okay? Be aware of your surroundings more. I can't lose you guys. I'm cool with you two being together as long as you don't get caught or hurt, okay? I have nothing on this" Violet was being the understanding, open minded best friend she always was again and Tyler could finally feel his heart calm down because he needed that side of her at that moment.

"Now, let's talk about how Liam got to know before me. Are you kidding? I'm your best friend. How and why did you not tell me?" she glared at Tyler sternly and he looked sheepish as he began to explain.

"See, Liam kinda walked in on us just like you did and it was kinda awkward but he was okay with it and everything so..." Josh zoned out Tyler as he said,

"I'm gonna go get a drink" neither Violet nor Tyler answered him but he got up and went anyway. He thought about what Violet said and realized it was true. They were being too careless and anyone could've walked in on them which would have resulted to trouble, big trouble and Josh didn't know if he was grown enough to deal with that kind of trouble.

He and Tyler had to be a lot more careful if they wanted to keep their relationship going as a secret. It'd been weeks since they began dating and of course it was wonderful. The kisses and touches and sexual activities which didn't include actual sex because neither of them were ready for that kind of commitment but they were threading on thin ice and if they weren't careful, they could fall in.

But Josh was jealous too.

Jealous because Violet Blue was so understanding and had such a motherly nature, it was crazy. Josh was jealous because he was alone in terms of friendship and he had no Violet Blue.

Of course he had Mia Summers and Liam Greene but they weren't really as connected as Violet and Tyler were and truth be told, if Mia Summers heard or even found out about Josh and Tyler, she'd be the first one to report them.

Josh sighed, rubbing his hands on his face. He rummaged through the fridge for some alcohol and finally found a tiny liquor bottle of Chelsea in the fridge. He downed half of it in one gulp, wiping his mouth and placing it back in the fridge.

"Hey, you okay?" he looked to the doorway of the kitchen and saw Tyler looking concerned. He also saw Violet watching Supernaturals in the living room behind him.

Josh hesitated but decided not to lie to his boyfriend, "No" he said with a shrug and a sad smile.

"Well" Tyler said coming closer, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No" Josh shook his head.

Tyler nodded, "Okay. But look if this is about Violet, she's okay with it" he reassured Josh.

"But what if she wasn't the one who came in, Tyler? What if someone else caught us, like my Mom or your dad?" Josh voiced his worries - well, half of it.

"Then we'll deal with that bridge, baby. And we'll be more careful I promise. You don't have to worry" Tyler smiled.

"Okay" Josh said.

But he was still worrying and whenever that happened, well, it didn't end so good.

|| - //

I rewatched Season One of Grown•ish just to see all the Luca and Zoe kissing scenes x