Chapter Twenty-Five: Tyler // go fuck yourselves

Chapter Twenty-Five: Third Person POV

Tyler:

"What is this?"

Tyler and Josh, both sitting guiltily on the couch facing their parents who were standing, struggled to get a better look at the phone Laura was holding up.

Their mouths fell in an 'o' shape when they realised it was a picture of them kissing. Tyler was shaking and Josh was discreetly holding his hand.

"Please, tell me it's photoshop" Laura begged. She was tensed, her back hunched a bit and Chris was standing next to her arms crossed.

"Mom, we can explain" Josh said, his voice coming out surprisingly strong and unbothered. He squeezed Tyler's hand tighter.

"Tell me it's photoshop and we can go back to being the perfect family, dammit!" her voice came out loud as she hit the only table separating her from Josh and Tyler, the TV behind her.

Tyler flinched, but he wasn't scared.

Of course he would have appreciated more time with Josh so they'd discuss what their plan would be if they got caught but regardless, sitting there holding Josh's hand, he wasn't scared.

"It's not photoshop" his voice came out strong and we'll and it shocked him and possibly Josh but he could see the look of pride on his boyfriends face.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Josh leaned in to whisper and Tyler realised Josh was holding back the truth just incase his boyfriend wasn't ready - so amidst it all, Josh did think of him first and that just made Tyler love him more. So he nodded and smiled a bit, facing Laura and his dad.

"It's not photoshop" Tyler said, shrugging nonchalantly and bringing Josh in by the hem of his shirt for a shirt kiss, "Josh and I are inlove"

"My god" Laura wailed, "I should've known. I should've seen the signs. That wasn't brotherly love, oh god. I just wanted a perfect family so bad, Chris is that so wrong?" she turned to her fiance who wrapped her in his arms and whispered quiet nothing's in her ear.

"Mom, there's no such thing as perfect." Josh told her, "And don't you think it's unfair that Chris can hold you like that but I can't hold Tyler?"

"You're in love with your brother!" Laura cried as if begging them to see the bigger picture.

"Not by blood and not yet. If you and Chris weren't getting married, Tyler would just be a guy that I loved and you'll be okay with that - remember that time you said you'd accept regardless of who I loved?" Josh reminded her.

"You were fifteen Josh" Laura's eyes were puffy and her words came out choked.

"Yeah, well, you lied and if you and Chris cannot accept love as it is, then I'm sorry but Tyler and I cannot stay here" Josh shrugged.

"Then get out" it was the first time Chris had spoken and the first time both boys had heard the obvious disgust in his voice.

"Wha-dad, I'm your son" Tyler tried, eyes wide and frantic upon the realisation that he was about to be chased from his house in the middle of a snow storm.

"Not anymore. If you two aren't willing to adapt to our rules of not dating, then you should pack your things and get out of the house. I don't care where you go but don't show your scaring asses here again if you aren't ready to end whatever the fuck you have going on" Chris sneered, still holding Laura who was sobbing into his chest.

Tyler's heart broke when those words left his father's lips. Wasn't this the same man who promised to always be there for him? The same man who loved and cherished him? The same man who taught him how to paint?

It must have been a facade all that time because this man standing in front of Tyler with that ugly, disgusted look on his face, wasn't his father and Tyler couldn't bare to be in the same room as him.

"Go fuck yourselves" Josh managed to say, "C'mon babe" and Josh dragged him upstairs and helped him pack all his clothes, storing his paint supplies inside the closet and locking it because he knew they'd be back to get it and without as much as a goodbye, they were out of the house.

The walk to Violets house was a short one and with just one knock, Lily Blue opened the door, a smile on her face.

"Hey, kids. Come on in" she opened the door then glanced at their bags, "Anything the matter?"

"Oh no" Josh denied, "We're supposed to be sleeping over for a few days, didn't Violet tell you?" Josh lied.

"Oh no" Lily shook her head, "She must have forgot"

"I did forget" they heard Violet's voice from the top of the staircase, "Sorry mom. Is it okay?"

"Of course, V. Welcome to the Blue's boys. Stay as long as you want and whatever you want, just ask" she gave a small giggle and went into the kitchen.

"Alright, spill"

They were sitting on Violet's bed after they'd run up the stairs and locked the door. Her room was all round purple, bookcases everywhere and a large window. It was almost like Tyler's room.

After Josh and Tyler were done explaining, Violet was smiling.

"Why're you smiling?" Josh asked.

"Because you're free boys. You can finally be who you want to be"

And it was true, they were free.

"You're right. And the best thing is, I've saved up a shit ton of money and I'll go flat hunting for me and Tyler tomorrow. We just need to find him a job" everything was falling into place, Josh was getting excited.

"Didn't you hear the news?" Violet asked.

"What news?" Tyler asked in confusion.

"Mr Greene finally handed Colours over to Liam because he's retiring and Liam is looking for staffs. It pays well and I was thinking of applying. Tyler and I could apply together" a squeal left Violet's lips as she realised it'd all be okay.

So Tyler smiled, that wide smile he always did when he was really happy. The Tyler smile. And she said.

"Maybe, just maybe, we'll be okay"

|| - //

Rushed, plot holes but when I'm editing it, I'll refill it. One epilogue left x