PART 8.

TONY POV:
"I'm not real. Well, not here anyway. You see, I'm not from this Earth. This is hard to explain, let me start from the beginning." She clears her throat "My name is Ellie Parker, I'm 28- no... 29 years old, I live in London, England and I'm a Doctor working in a hospital. I'm a normal person, there's nothing special about me, except, my dreams. From as far back as I can remember whenever I'm asleep I wake up here, in New York, I don't know why, but I've grown to accept it. I fall asleep in my London apartment and wake up in my New York apartment, I then have my night, which is 6 and a half hours to do whatever here until my alarm wakes me up for work the next day. Although, while I'm here it feels like a longer day, some days seem to go quicker than others, I don't fully understand it."

This is all a dream to her? But that doesn't make any sense, because we're real! Something weird is going on here, these aren't dreams, they're something else.

"But yeah, this is all a dream, I'm not actually here, you guys aren't actually real, I don't actually have healing powers, there aren't actually superheroes and there aren't' actually- well, I can't say there aren't aliens, because there are so many planets out there, there must be aliens t-" The Pirate clears his throat, she stops rambling and takes a breath "Sorry, went of topic. The point is, this is a dream, a dream that I've had my entire life."

Not possible.

I stand up "This isn't right, something else must be going on. Everything here is real.” I poke her in the side causing her to wriggle slightly “You're real." Then an idea hits me "You said you have an apartment here?" She nods "Show us, I have a theory." She walks us to her apartment, we get to the building and look around in shock, the building is falling apart, there's broken caution tape on the door, Bruce and I look at each other. Hermione takes a key out of her pocket and unlocks the door, we follow her through the clearly abandoned building and up the stairs until we reach her room, she uses a different key to unlock her door and we walk in.

This makes even less sense.

Her room is completely empty, no furniture, the walls are peeling, the only pleasant thing is a clean smell which doesn't make sense. A door is open where her bedroom would be, but from here I can see there's no bed "You don't live here, this is a joke."

ELLIE POV:
I lead the way to my apartment building, I unlock the front door and walk up the stairs until I reach my floor, I unlock my door and step inside. The brightly painted orange ceiling and walls make me smile, the black carpet beneath my feet gives off a fresh scent, light streams in through the windows onto the orange cushions on the sofa. I can see my bedroom from here, I can see my wolf bedding and my slippers under my bed.

Oh, that's where I left them!

"You don't live here, this is a joke." I turn to see Tony frowning "What do you mean it's a joke? I guess it's not your taste, but I painted the rooms myself." I take off my jacket and put it over the back of the sofa "Anyone want a drink while you're here?" I turn to see them all looking in shock at my jacket "Guys? Guys!" They all snap back to their senses and look to me "What's going on with you lot?" Tony approaches me "Hermione-" "Ellie." "Hermione, dear... Everything you see, we don't."

I don't understand.

"This whole building is abandoned, there was caution tape on the front door, something's happened here." "But-but that doesn't make any sense. What don't you see?" "Colour, furniture, the jacket you just put down." I look to my jacket "It's on the back of the sofa." "I don't see a sofa." He walks where everyone's looking and stubs his toe on the sofa "Ow!" I try to suppress a laugh, I choke out a sentence "Tony, meet my sofa." The arrow man, the woman beside her and Steve laugh.