PART 13.

ELLIE POV:
I feel myself breathe in the air, my body tingles and I feel light-headed, but I don't know why. Thinking back the last thing I can remember is... A Police Officer shooting my coma patient. I shoot up from my lying position, my eyes squinting due to the bright lights, I hear a deep male voice "Dr Parker." I look to my bedside to see a dark skinned man with an eyepatch, I glance around to see I'm in a hospital bed "What's going on? Why am I in a hospital bed? Where is my coma patient? The Officer, did you catch him?" He holds up his hands "Slow down there, one question at a time." "The Police Officer who shot my coma patient, has he been arrested?" I can't decipher the expression on his face.

Why does this man look so mysterious? Is he trying to look that way or is it natural?

"I didn't know that's what happened. Could you explain in full please." "An Officer was asking for my coma patient, wanted to see him, said something about reopening an old case. With permission, I took him to my patient and he shot him. He knocked me out." "Who was the Officer, did he give a name?" I think back "Sergeant Bradley Walker, I think." He nods in thought "Tell me more about this coma patient." "I've been caring for him since he came to the hospital about a year ago." "What's his name?"

I don't know this man, he might not have authority.

"Who are you?" His eye widens "Director Nick Fury, we've met before." I shake my head which still hurts a little "I'd remember you. Director of what, exactly?" "S.H.I.E.L.D." "What's that, a division in the Police force?" He gives me a funny look "Something like that, tell the patient's name." I sigh "Julian Patel." He nods and stands "I'll be right back, don't go anywhere." He walks out the door and starts speaking to someone, but I hear no one else  so I assume it's over a phone.

What have I gotten myself into?

A few minutes later I hear lots of voices, I take a deep breath and try to block them out as I try and figure out why the Officer shot my patient. I look up when the door opens, standing there is a group of four people, they all walk in and stand at the end of my bed, the Director sits beside me again "Doctor, was this the first time you had seen Walker?" "I, uh, think so. He didn't seem familiar." He nods "Alright. What was the last thing you were doing before the incident?" "Working with other patients, the usual. Why?"

Should I ask why they look like their puppies have been kicked?

I glance between the group and the Director as I wait for his answer "Doctor Parker, you've been caught up in something that might be difficult for you to understand." "I'm a pretty understand person, give it to me straight, Director." "You're from another world."

These people are insane! Absolutely crazy!