PART 14.

ELLIE POV:
"Your reasoning for such a theory?" "Do you recognise any of these people?" I look at the group of four "Should I?" They look more miserable "These are your friends, you would travel to a world while you slept, this world. Where you could take a break from reality, you had the ability to heal people."

I'm walking around a park when a boy falls off his bike, some older boys laugh as they ride by, I jog over to him "You okay?" I can see the tears that he's trying to hold back, he shakes his head, I crouch down and smile "Where do you hurt, I'm a Doctor, I can help." He points to his leg, I very carefully pull up his trouser leg, I see him wince, I look down at his leg to see it's badly cut. I'm about to pull out the mini medical kit that I always carry around with me when my mind tells me to do something else.

You can do better than that, you can fix him. A touch is all it takes.

Usually I won't touch a patient without gloves, but I trust my instinct, I reach out to touch his wound. Just before I make contact my hand glows yellow, for some reason it doesn't scare me. I let my hand hover there and watch as the wound clears up, when the glowing stops I move my hand away, pull the material back over the boy's leg and look at him. He is amazed, I help him up and put a finger to my lips, I whisper "Don't tell anyone." He gives me a smile and I walk away, feeling proud of myself, knowing that I can make more of a difference than I ever have before.

I blink a few times and look down at my tingling fingers, my hands are glowing the same yellow that I remember, I instantly feel better and the glow disappears. I look to the Director, bewildered "How did I do that? That's not possible, it's like magic, I can't do magic." "You can. Every time you would come to this dream world you would be able to heal people, you healed one of your friends." He points to a man with short light brown hair and blue eyes who smiles a little.

Why can't I remember you?

I shake my head "I'm sorry, Sir, I don't remember you." The door opens and I look to the new person, he's taller than the other four, he has short blonde hair and bright blue eyes, I feel like everything else fades away when I look at him, all I see is him. He smiles and walks over to me.

Why do I feel like I trust this man? Do I know him, I know that face, but how?

He gets to my bedside and I get up on my knees still on the bed, so that we're at about the same height "I don't understand..." He frowns "What don't you understand?” He looks to the Director “What am I missing?" I gain his attention "Your face... I know it." He smiles "Course you do, Ellie."

Steve and I are walking side by side around central park, it's a bit chilly out so I'm wearing a thicker coat than usual and walking a little closer than I have before, we're talking and laughing. The wind picks up around us and I feel my hair becoming a mess, it's too short to put up properly so I have to just let the wind mess it up, it gets to the point where I can't see where I'm going and trip, but Steve catches me. He pulls me up and our faces are so close together, we both blush, but most of my face is still covered by hair, I try to blow it out of my face but it makes it worse, we both laugh "Do I look good?" He chuckles and brushes it out of my eyes "Course you do, Ellie."

I gasp and throw my arms around his neck “Steve!” He wraps his arms around me “I'm really missing something, aren't I?” As we hug I look at the figures over his shoulder, it takes a few seconds but they become clearer. Tony's hair is a mess and he looks tired, Bruce gives me a weak smile. Natasha has her arm linked with Clint who's leaning back against the wall pleading with his eyes for me to recognise him. I smile brightly at them, feeling myself tearing up “I'm so sorry I scared you all, my mind was blank, but it's all good now, I remember you all.” Tony grins and rushes forward, he pushes Steve aside and picks me up off the bed, hugging me tightly “You were killing us, Hermione.” I hear Steve's voice behind me “Can someone please explain what's going on.” I explain whilst being tackled into a hug by the others “Whatever happened since I last saw you caused me to forget these guys and my dream world, I don't know how or why. But I'm back now and I never want to put you guys through that again. But that's just typical me, finally make some friends and forget them.”