PART 11.

STEVE POV:
Once Ellie had disappeared we headed back to New York and went to bed, but I hardly slept, I'd fallen for her and I couldn't help but think the worst. The next morning we went to the helicarrier and did as much research as possible, we were trying to find any sign of her existence in this world, anything at all, but without luck. The strange thing was that she didn't come back, JARVIS said she hadn't visited the tower, we had checked her New York apartment, but no Ellie. Stark had the idea that maybe because she disappeared in London she would still be there and had no way to come to New York or contact us. So we flew back to London and went straight to her apartment, again no sign of her, then Stark remembered the hospital so we headed there.

We're currently at the hospital she said she worked at, Fury walks up to the receptionist, who looks absolutely terrified of him "Ma'am, do you have a Dr Ellie Parker working here?" "Uh, I-I can't tell you that, S-Sir." He holds up a badge and she starts typing frantically at her computer "N-No Doctor her by that name, Sir." "How about any patients by that name?"

What's going through your head? A patient, why?

After searching the receptionist looks up "W-Well, we do have a Jane Doe, turned up last night." That catches Fury's attention, but I don't understand why "Can we see her?" "Are you f-family?" "No." "T-Then I can't let you identify her." Stark steps forward "She's our friend, if we describe her correctly, can we see her then?" "Perhaps." We describe her and the woman calls for someone to be brought to her, the man looks important. The man leads us to a meeting room "Explain to me the situation with our Jane Doe." "We believe she's our friend who went missing just yesterday."

But how could she end up as a patient by disappearing in London rather than New York? This isn't adding up.

"I'll tell you what we know, at exactly 12am we had a powercut, the whole hospital went down for a minute, when the power came back on we still didn't have the computers up and running but were able to get the life support machines back up. We then checked on every patient, I walked into one of our previously empty hospital rooms and found one of our Doctors with a new patient, saying she had just come in. She's in a coma and we haven't been able to identify her at all, not by fingerprints, with her blood either. It's like she doesn't exist."

Sounds familiar.

FURY POV:
"Can we check to see if it's her?" "Of course, follow me." He leads us to a hospital room, inside a Doctor is checking the machine beside her "Ah, Dr Walker. These people might be able to identify your mystery patient." The Doctor turns to face us, Agent Romanoff and I immediately draw our guns, startling the man who brought us in. I turn to Agent Barton who's glaring at the man indicating to the man we no longer need "Take him out of here and wait back in that meeting room, Dr Banner, you go with them." Stark and Captain Rogers remain confused and approach the woman on the bed as Agent Romanoff and I keep our guns trained on the 'Doctor' who smirks "Agent, put your hands where I can see them." He laughs and doesn't do as he's told, he reaches for his gun but Romanoff reacts quicker, she kicks the gun from his hand and shocks him until he's unconscious.