(Four)

I.M exited his bedroom door and walked to the guestroom. As soon as he entered the room, he pulled an oak chair toward the bed. He normally didn't wake up so early but seeing the new vampire had become a part of his routine. He swept his eyes over the new vampire, searching for any movement but just like the day before there was no change. He sighed. There was no reason to worry. Every vampire experienced the change differently. On average, new vampires woke up around three to four days after they were bitten.

His eyes zeroed in on the long thin fingers of the new vampire's pale right hand. I.M entertained himself with the idea of holding the new clan member's hand. The thought surfaced often, but he made sure to push the urge aside. Most vampires didn't react to physical contact. It would be wrong to assume the new vampire would feel anything. Although, there were a few vampires that had the ability to feel contact. I.M envied them. The only sensation he ever experienced thoroughly was pain from blood lust. He wished he could feel anything besides pain.

"Hey, there," he said, crossing his arms. "It's me. I.M again."

I.M chuckled at his human behavior. Not very many vampires sat by the bed side of a new vampire. He heard stories of new vampires waking up alone in an unfamiliar bed. Then again, some vampire clans sometimes failed to invite newly turned vampires into their home. Often, stories of lone vampires roaming the allies and streets surfaced in daily gossip. He couldn't imagine turning someone and then leaving them to fend for themselves.

The new vampire shot up in bed, a shriek leaving his lips.

I.M's eyes widened.

"Where am I?"

"It's okay. You are okay," I.M said, getting to his feet at a slow pace.

A pair of red eyes looked at him. I.M paused. He didn't want to seem threatening, so he waited. The new vampire leapt from the bed and crawled toward an opposite wall. I.M frowned. He realized he was in over his head. It was a well-known fact that dealing with a new vampire was difficult. He thought about calling Shownu, but he knew there was no time.

I.M kept his gaze locked on their new clan member as he walked around the bed. "Please, take it easy okay? I am not here to hurt you."

The new vampire eyed the door and then looked at him. I.M licked his lips, a knot forming in his chest. The door slammed shut before he could stop him. He stood in the guestroom, eyes wide. A familiar shout drifted toward his ears.

"Kihyun," I.M said, eyes wide. "Oh no, no no no. Please, no."

He rushed to the door, throwing it open. He sped down the long hall and passed two opened doors. He trusted Kihyun. His older clan member was a kind soul despite what others may see, but even he acted without thinking sometimes. Once he arrived in the living room, he spotted Kihyun with his arms wrapped around the new clan member.

"Kihyun," I.M said. "Stop!"

"Where do you think you are going?" Kihyun asked, whispering into the new vampire's ear.

Kihyun's prisoner shuffled around, red eyes shifting from side to side. I.M inched forward. If he could just get to the other vampire, he would be able to calm him down. New vampires shouldn't be terrorized the moment they wake.

"Kihyun, let him go," Shownu said.

Kihyun let go. The new clan member slipped to the floor, eyelids falling shut once his head made impact with the ground. I.M rushed forward as Kihyun backed away. He reached out and shook the shoulder of the fallen figure. The muffled sound of chatting and footsteps drifted to his ear. A sense of urgency grew within him as he shook both shoulders harder.