(Seven)

I.M walked up to their apartment door, large black messenger bag weighing down his left shoulder. He had four, three-hour tutoring sessions back to back. Each student had a huge exam on the horizon. It had been both rewarding and exhausting to watch them answer his handmade test questions. I.M keyed in their door code and waited for the buzz before entering the penthouse. Loud laughter drifting from the living room made him pause in front of the door.

In the living room, Wonho sat on the couch his arm around Hyungwon's shoulders. I.M frowned, dropping his bag to the floor and removing his shoes. In the back of his mind, he heard Kihyun scolding him for his messiness, but he pushed the voice aside. He was disappointed. His suspicions about Hyungwon were right. The new vampire still hated him for what he did. It was so clear to him. His shoulders slouched from the realization.

Even though Hyungwon hated him, I.M was happy about the clan growing closer to the new vampire. He tried to force a smile on his face, but he failed. The ache within his chest intensified. Hyungwon rather spend time with everyone in their clan expect him. It was unfair. He was the one who worried about Hyungwon the most. He worried about Hyungwon's low blood intake, the council, and many other things he couldn't think about. All he had done since he met their newest clan member was worry. His frowned deepened. Hyungwon hated him. He rubbed his chest, wincing. It was all so tiring.

"I.M?" Wonho asked, amusement in his voice. "Hey, come have a seat we are just watching a funny show about-hey are you okay?"

Hyungwon looked at him, head tilted to the side. They made eye contact, but the other avoided his gaze. I.M sighed. He guessed he would just get comfortable in his room, maybe sleep early. He greeted them both warmly and was on his way to his room, but Wonho grabbed his wrist.

"Hey, I.M. I actually have to make a call to work about something I just remembered," Wonho said. "But why don't you hang around here, keep Wonnie company, yeah?"

Before he could tell him no, Wonho leapt from the couch and bolted down the hall. He narrowed his eyes. His older clan member was too obvious. He turned his attention to Hyungwon's wide eyed stare. He rubbed at his chest, trying to soothe the ache growing within him. The other vampire looked so frightened.

"Don't worry," he said. "You don't have to sit here with me. I wouldn't even sit here with me."

He dropped onto the couch, folding his legs beneath himself. He could sit in silence and watch television. He pouted, bottom lip trembling. He couldn't believe how ridicules he was being. He was jealous of his other clan members because they were able to hang out with Hyungwon. How childish could he be? He should be happy that Hyungwon has the clan members caring for him. It was what he wanted. In fact, he was happy. He wanted support for their newest member. He averted his gaze from the television to the ground, frowning.

"Just tell me this one thing and I'll leave you alone," he said, playing with his fingers. Do you hate me because I turned you? Or do you hate me because I can't help you through the transition? Last night Kihyun was able to sing you to sleep and -"

"No."

"Oh, so the first one? I'm sorry," he said, curling into himself. "You have the right to hate me. I ruined your life. I've been ruining everything lately."

"No, I don't hate you."

I.M paused, eyes wide. Had he heard right? It couldn't be because the other vampire made it his life purpose to remind I.M of his failures and mistakes. Every time they interacted there was this sense of anxiety and weariness coming from Hyungwon. He wondered if the other vampire would ever like him after everything he had done.

"I-just didn't know how to approach you." Hyungwon said, looking at him. "This bond is super strange. Anytime you are around I feel how upset, angry, and anxious you are about something. I'm kind of overwhelmed by it. Like now. There is this twisting in my chest."