(Twenty-Two)

It had been three days since I.M last saw Jooheon. Every day he demanded answers, but no one bothered to give him information. He slipped his fingers through his black hair, frustration building within him. He wanted to see his fledgling but there was no way to reach out to him. He couldn't even sense him which worsened his growing anxiety.

He got up from his seated position on the floor and started to pace. During Jooheon's absence, he had begun to pace more. Pacing had become one of his most favorite activities while imprisoned in the council building. It was a great way for him to release the nervous energy pulling him a part.

I.M paused. He couldn't help his nervousness. As Jooheon's sire, it was hard to handle his absence. He had felt the same when Hyungwon was gone. A sigh left his lips as he continued pacing. There were many reasons to worry about Jooheon. The new vampire wasn't allowed time to transition properly. Instead he was whisked away to train a day after awakening. He worried the training would make Jooheon's loss of emotions permanent. For a second, he tried to reach out through the bond for the younger but was unsuccessful. He wished he could sense the younger vampire in the clan bond. But he couldn't.

I.M stopped walking and took a seat again, resting his head against the wall. He felt useless. All he could think about was the promise he made to protect Jooheon. He knocked his head against the wall, a knot forming within his chest. There was no way to keep his promise. There was no way to find out what was happening to his fledgling.

He closed his eyes, suddenly exhausted. But he couldn't stop his thoughts from tumbling around in his head. Sadness washed over him. He winced, knowing the negative emotions were from his clan, mostly Hyungwon. He had seen the look of utter hopelessness on the younger vampire's face when he decided to stay at the council. The only thing that comforted him was he hadn't been told to bite another human yet. For now, he didn't have to ruin another life.

The doorknob shook. I.M froze. The last "visitor" to walk through the door was Chorong with a small blood bag. He focused his attention on the door, a lump in his throat. He hoped she was stopping by again. Actually, he was more interested in seeing Jooheon again. Any visit would be welcome besides Council Head Hangil.

The door opened.

"Ah, and how are you today I.M?" Hangil asked, entering. "I'm hoping you rested well last night."

I.M narrowed his eyes.

"Why haven't I seen Jooheon?" he asked. "It has been three days."

"Ah, yes, a caring sire, how inspiring," Hangil said. "Jooheon is perfecting an ability he has shown, and I wish to enhance it. It's in its earlier stages, but it could be oh so powerful moving forward."

I.M wasn't surprised by Hangil's announcement. During a new vampire's transition, he or she could sometimes acquire a new ability. I.M discovered he could jump very high several years ago, but he hadn't acquired anything else in his vampire life. He was told the longer a vampire lived, the more abilities they picked up. He thought back to Shownu. Their leader had several abilities, but he hadn't been able to perfect them yet.

"What ability?"

Hangil grinned, a smile that stretched from ear to ear, showcasing his sharp fangs. I.M didn't like the look on the other's face. He frowned. There were numerous possibilities. There were a few abilities that showed later in age. He didn't expect much.

"Telekinesis."

I.M paused and then glared. "Come again?"

"He is telekinetic."

"Impossible."

Hangil grinned.

"No, he is too young to even have such an ability. That's something you don't see for—"