(Twenty-Four)

Hyungwon sat at the table, head resting against the cool glass surface. Last night had been suspiciously peaceful for him. He had been able to go to sleep without any additional help from his clan members. But some time during his sleep, a horrific nightmare slipped past his mental defenses. He had tried his best to force himself to wake up, but he was powerless, trapped within a terrifying nightmare. When he finally awoke, it was six am in the morning and he could no longer go back to sleep. Unfortunately, rising early from sleep left him exhausted. All he wanted to do was curl up in bed again.

A gentle hand rubbed circles into his back as his eyelids closed. The potent scent of blood made his stomach turn. He wanted to tell his clan to put away the blood, but he didn't want to draw attention to himself. There was a knock on the door. The chair nearby scrapped against the floor as his clan member got up. On his right, Minhyuk continued to rub comforting circles into his back.

"Oh, Jackson? Good to see you," Shownu said.

Hyungwon lifted his head and Minhyuk removed his hand from his back. He turned in his chair and spotted Jackson. The memory of the attack on Jackson came to mind. He remembered watching his clan fight to save him. The torturous shrieks that left Jackson's mouth stayed with him days after they left the council. That day he learned how dangerous vampire venom could be for other vampires.

"He wasn't supposed to come with us," Bambam said, entering in after the rest of his clan. "I told him to stay in bed."

Jackson didn't respond. Instead the other vampire sat down at an empty seat across from him, reaching for a glass and the pitcher of blood. Hyungwon tried not to make a face when he saw him take a large gulp. Jackson glanced at him, a small smile on his lips. Hyungwon returned the smile, ignoring Jackson's blood- stained lips.

"I'm glad you are back," Jackson said.

"Thanks," he said. "I'm glad you are okay."

Jackson smiled. Hyungwon gave him a warm smile of his own. Despite the pain taking over his body, he was glad the other vampire was doing better. It hurt to see the other vampire get attacked by a vampire that terrible day.

"Well, since we are all here, I guess we should get started," Shownu said, taking his seat.

"We all have heard what Chorong said about Hangil," JB said.

Bambam nodded, voice dripping with anger. "Yes. Hangil is a lunatic. And he has Yugyeom and almost killed Jackson. He is a terrible leader."

Hyungwon looked at the deep frown on Bambam's face. He almost forgot Bambam and Yugyeom are close friends. He imagined the other vampire was worried about his friend's safety. He knew he was worried as well. Bambam glanced at him. They shared a knowing glance before breaking eye contact. It was clear the other vampire was hurting.

"Yes," Shownu said, glancing at Bambam. "Hangil has done many terrible things."

"Has Chorong come up with a solid plan yet?" Kihyun asked, pushing his empty glass away from him. "Or are we still waiting to take that step?"

Wonho said. "I'm ready for a plan."

Shownu shook his head. "There is no solid plan yet. Also, Kihyun and I talked to Chorong last night after the meeting. We wanted to make sure of something."

Hyungwon frowned, confused. "Chorong didn't come by yesterday."

Jackson looked around also confused by the statement. Hyungwon had been at the meeting with Chorong. He frowned at the memory. It was the time he learned his friends were trapped in the council with I.M. His chest ached at the memory. He couldn't wait any longer to save his friends from the council.