(Nineteen)

Note Trigger Warning: This chapter is highly emotional. There is a situation in the story that could be seen as a panic attack. If this may be a trigger for you, please proceed with caution. More notes at the end. 

~

Kihyun walked through the entrance of their apartment complex, emotionally exhausted. His mind wandered back to the moment I.M announced he was staying. Part of him wanted to turn around and walk back out. But he knew going back to the council was a terrible idea. It hurt, but there was nothing more they could do.

Kihyun stopped walking as soon as they reached the elevators. His mind started to drift away again but he stopped himself. He began to pay attention to his surroundings. The elevator hadn't come yet. He glanced around. The rest of his clan stood, eyes focused on the elevator doors. No one had pressed the button. A sigh left his lips as he walked forward. He pressed the button for the next elevator and then took a step back.

"Thanks," Shownu said, voice barely above a whisper.

Kihyun looked at the deep sadness in their leader's eyes, giving him a half-hearted smile. "You are welcome."

Several minutes later, there was a loud ding as the elevator doors slid open. Shownu entered first and then they followed. No one said a word to each other as they traveled to their place. Kihyun was fine with silence. He needed some more time to think.

"You'll be okay Hyungwonnie."

Kihyun's eyes drifted toward Minhyuk. The other vampire had his arms wrapped around Hyungwon. Hyungwon hunched over slightly so he could rest his head against Minhyuk's shoulder. The sight made his chest ache. Everyone was hurting, but he knew Hyungwon felt it the most. Minhyuk glanced around the elevator, rubbing comforting circles into Hyungwon's back. He was grateful for how supportive Minhyuk was being. He analyzed the youngest vampire's trembling fingers and then turned away. None of this should have happened.

There was a ding as the elevator doors opened. For a second, no one moved and then Shownu walked out. They followed behind him. Once they arrived at their door, Shownu typed in the code for their apartment with shaking fingers. A tiny buzzer went off after the first time. After the second attempt, the buzzing noise increased in volume. Their leader positioned his fingers above the keypad to try a third time, but Wonho placed his hands on Shownu's wrist.

Shownu stopped and then looked at Wonho.

"I got it," Wonho said, gesturing toward the keypad.

Shownu gave him a pained smile, backing away. Wonho keyed in the code, waiting for the familiar buzz. Once he heard the unlock sound, Wonho opened the door and walked in alongside Shownu. Before Kihyun walked into the apartment, he took one look at Hyungwon's face and frowned. Hyungwon didn't look like he wanted to come inside.

"We have to go back and get I.M," Hyungwon said. "We can't leave him there."

Minhyuk looked at Hyungwon, reaching out and holding the younger vampire's hand. "I understand. I miss I.M too, but right now there is nothing we can do."

Hyungwon removed his hand from Minhyuk's, taking a few steps back. "I.M should be here."

"Hyungwonnie," Minhyuk said, voice wavering. "Come let's go inside please."

Kihyun understood Hyungwon's apprehension. Their bond was filled with nothing but negative emotions. Hyungwon was probably overwhelmed. He wished he could change how he was feeling, but it was hard. It was so hard.

Wonho stuck his head out, eyes landing on them. "Hyungwon? Minhyuk? Kihyun? What is going on?"

"Hyungwon, come on," Minhyuk said, fingers curling around Hyungwon's wrist again.