(Five)

I.M exited Gangnam Public Library, located 10 miles from their home. On the sidewalks, the normal hustle and bustle took place. Several humans shielded their eyes as the bright afternoon sun shone down on them. He sighed, rubbing the back of his head. Around 5 p.m. each day there was always a greater amount of people walking around. For once he was happy for his vampire nature. He didn't have to worry about the crowded sidewalks. He could navigate through the busiest areas with ease.

I.M sped down the sidewalk, moving around small clusters of people. He was eager to get back home. It was Kihyun's day off and that meant he was alone with Hyungwon. Although he hated to admit it, he was uneasy. But he had a reason for being uncomfortable about the situation. One of the reasons being Kihyun didn't like Hyungwon very much. He ran down the sidewalks picking up speed as he traveled back to their home.

I.M stood outside of their penthouse, fingers hovering over the keypad. Maybe Kihyun and Hyungwon would come to an understanding and start bonding. Or maybe they wouldn't bond at all. He shook his head, dispelling the negative thoughts. He had to remember that Kihyun had a soft spot for new vampires. Eventually the older vampire would have to give in.

He keyed in their code and waited for the familiar buzz. He pushed opened the door and the previous sensation of nervousness evaporated. Warmth surrounded him as he entered. He titled his head, confused. Kihyun sat on the floor, wearing a large tee-shirt and red shorts. He rarely saw his clan member, the professional photographer, fashioning casual attire in the afternoon. Kihyun spent most of his hours at work, and most of the time their schedules didn't match. His eyes drifted from Kihyun and he paused.

Hyungwon sat on the couch behind Kihyun, legs folded underneath his thin body. Despite the loud music and shouting from the speakers, there was a sense of tranquility in the air. He scratched the back of his head. He never expected Hyungwon to leave the guestroom. He assumed the other vampire would stay hidden for the rest of his stay with them.

He kept his eyes trained on the scene as he dropped his bag and kicked off his shoes. A small smile grew on his face as he moved closer. He chuckled at the current game on the screen and rolled his eyes. Kihyun would be playing GTA. He turned his attention back to the new vampire. Before work yesterday, Hyungwon stole his phone and disappeared into the guestroom for the entire day. I.M remembered returning home and leaning against the guestroom door. He heard Hyungwon going back and forth on the phone with 'Joo' and the things he heard made him sad. He didn't know what hurt worst, Hyungwon being too afraid to ask for a phone to use or Hyungwon being too upset to leave the room.

"Are you organizing your cars by color?"

I.M turned his attention back to the scene unfolding before him. Kihyun looked over his right shoulder, making eye contact with the new vampire. Hyungwon avoided the look, fiddling with his fingers. The older vampire turned back to the screen, a small smile growing on his face. I.M wanted to say something about the smile, but he didn't want to interrupt whatever bonding was happening in front of him.

Kihyun pressed the A button on his controller. "Yes, I am organizing my cars by color. And by the way I never asked you to watch me like this. Actually, I don't know why you are watching me play a video game."

Hyungwon crossed his arms, relaxing his back against the couch. "It isn't like I have anything else to do around here."

"My you've gotten bold suddenly," Kihyun said, amusement in his voice. "Well, if you need something to do you could always clean."

Hyungwon snorted. "I'm not going to clean your house. I have my own place to clean."

"You are right," Kihyun said. "I can't trust my clan members to clean this place right. Why should I trust a stranger?"

"Hello, I'm back," I.M said.

Hyungwon flinched at the sound of his voice, body tensing. Kihyun glanced at I.M, responding with a 'Hello' of his own, and then returned to the screen. I.M shook his head. His clan members knew Kihyun was a focused game player, just like Minhyuk. They didn't expect much conversation when Kihyun played his games.

Kihyun rolled his shoulders as he pressed on the B button. "Was wondering how long you were planning to stand over there? I'm glad your back. I have a pest here that I am eager to get rid of. Mind taking him off my hands?"

"I don't know. It seems like he likes you more than me."

Hyungwon shook his head and then looked at him. "I hate you both equally."

I.M pouted, bottom lip trembling. "You hate me?"

Hyungwon glanced at him for a second and then returned his eyes to the television screen. I.M frowned. Unbelievable. He couldn't believe the vampire he turned was warming up to everyone else, but him. He thought they shared a powerful bond, or had he been mistaken. Something happened when he was away. Hyungwon left his room of his own free will to join Kihyun. Yet, the newest vampire hadn't bothered to be at breakfast earlier.

"What have you done you siren?" I.M asked, pointing a finger at Kihyun.

Kihyun pressed the keys on his controller, maneuvering his car back onto the fictional street. "What are you talking about?"

"Did you enchant Hyungwon? Is that why he is acting like this?" I.M asked, voice playful. "Did you sing to him? You know Minhyuk hummed for him and it worked. Hyungwon wasn't as scared of him. I couldn't even get him out of his room all day yesterday, but here he is sitting with you."

Kihyun rolled his eyes. "I'm trying to play a game right now. I'm not interested in your weirdness."

I.M placed a hand on his chest, insulted. He wasn't weird. He really wanted to know what happened between the two. Two days ago, Kihyun would have never let Hyungwon sit anywhere near him. He tried to think up a solution and then it hit him. The answer was so clear he felt embarrassed that he missed it. Kihyun was sending Hyungwon a non-verbal signal.

Unknowingly, his older clan member was filling their shared bond with warmth, comfort, and understanding. All he felt as he stood in the living room was a sense of safety and belonging. He wondered if Kihyun realized it. He hadn't thought much about it when he entered the penthouse, because they always tried to comfort each other when anyone was in distress.

Sometimes they comforted each other through their bond without knowing. Hyungwon probably sensed safety and acceptance and decided to leave the guestroom. If he were in Hyungwon's place, he would have left his room too. Of course, Kihyun's bond with Hyungwon wasn't as strong as his bond with Minhyuk. But even a small trace of comfort through the bond could be enough to bring someone out of their shell. I.M smiled, allowing the peace to wash over him.

"I.M, you better not leave your stuff at the door like that," Kihyun said, voice stern.

I.M nodded, rushing to collect his discarded bag and shoes. He put his belongings away before he returned to his clan members. He took a seat on the couch beside Hyungwon who didn't look his way. He sighed and focused on Kihyun's adventures within the game world. As the sun went down, more members joined them on the couch when they returned from work.

He basked in the warmth and comfort. Their bond seemed even stronger than he remembered it. It was clear to him that Hyungwon was meant to be a clan member. He added a new spark to the group that hadn't been there previously. He looked over at the other vampire, presenting him with a bright smile.

"What?" Hyungwon asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

He wanted to be hurt by the other's reaction, but instead he just smiled wider.

"Nothing. Just enjoying the moment."

"Wow, that was cheesy I.M. Wonho would say something like that," Minhyuk said.

"And what is wrong with what I say?" Wonho asked, looking up at Minhyuk.

"Nothing. I love you," Minhyuk said, throwing his arms around Wonho who sat on the floor.

Wonho grinned, turning back to watch the television screen. He glanced at the smiles on his clan members' face. He wondered if they could stay together and happy. He cast aside his worries about the council coming for them. Obviously, Hyungwon wasn't like the other sixth vampires. They could explain the phenomenon to the council. Everything would be okay. He truly believed it.