Your Reassuring Words

We walked down the narrow dirt road all silent, the night sky lit the pathway and the sound of our shoes dragging against the dirt was like nails on board, it was clear that no one wanted to speak. Jet and Droy were ahead of me, facing forward with no intention on looking back, my feet hitting the ground told I was still following, with my head down.
    We had just gotten back from a job, a nice one that paid well, money we all needed.  More importantly Jet and Droy needed, Droy needed a surgery to lose the weight gain or he would have heart failure. Jets mother had passed away and needed to buy a gravestone, everything cost so much, who knew a slip up could cause it all. We saw the city of Magnolia and that when the two stopped and turned to me.
   "This is where we go our separate ways." Jet said looking down.
   "Of course."
    It was silent, and we all stood still. I breathed in.
    "What happened guys..I'm sorry, I messed up." I looked at them for any sign of remorse. Instead the looked at each other.
   "Hey, it's fine, me and Jet will come up with money, with or without you."
    "Everyone makes mistakes levy...we just need some time to personally figure out our problems." Jet exclaimed, I shook my head.
    "You guys please let me h-" I saw cut off by hurt expressions.
    "Go home, get some rest. Well see you soon." Droy said, turning back around and walked away, jet looked into my eyes and gave a very weak smile, then did the same as Droy.
    They disappeared into the city, on the other hand stood still, leaning up against a tree, trying to collect my thoughts. Nothing could calm me down and I felt hot tears coming down my cheeks, I failed my friends, yet they still felt sorry for me. I felt like a child, like a weakling and mostly a mess up, I was the brains in the group.
   I should have stuck to the enchantment, but my dumb self wanted to help fight, got in the way, distracted my team mates and losing everything, the fight, the money, and my accountability, I just had to screw up.
   I screamed out of frustration and cried out and ran down the hill to the city, not caring that my sobs heaved louder as I got closer to Magnolia. 
   Reaching the town, I ran towards the route of my house, my eyes flooded with tears and my feet pounding. As I passed the guild hall behind me, the huge door opened, and the voice that I heard took my breath away.
   "Lily! Come on! There ain't a need to kill Happy."
   "I would kindly ask for you to not interrupt a fight of mine, might get hurt Gajeel." Lily said, hearing the voices slowed my pace.
   "Oi...," I heard Gajeel say. "Shrimp?"
   I stopped in my tracks and wildly looked at the ground.
   "Gonna head back Gajeel." Lily said saying a hi to me, I remained silent as i heard footsteps nearing close.
   "What are ya doing out here."
   "Nothing,  going home." My voice was dry and cracked, my small body caving in for once and I fell to my knees and cried.
   "Please go Gajeel." I said as I felt his hand on my shoulder, he was bending down to me.
   "Shrimp? What's wrong, your scaring me." He asked lowly.
   "I, Im..so useless Gajeel." I cried my words out, probably sounds completely crazy but the sound of it just made me cry more, that I finally told myself I was a weakling.
    "I let my team down!" I said, pulling my legs to my chest.
    "Levy...you want to come over? You dont need to be alone tonight when you feel like this." He slowly said, his voice had a way of calming me, even if it was blunt and sharp.
    "Come on. We can talk about this when we get to the house." He said holding his hand out in front of my eyes, it took a moment for me to grab it, Gajeel helped me up and together we walked to his house, I was still sniffling and shuttering as Gajeel stiffly walked along with me.
    Once we were inside I went to the bathroom to clean my face up, fix my hair a little, the crying had stopped and we replaced with hiccups.
    "Talk to him." I lowly said.
   I stepped outside the bathroom to see gajeel holding two mugs in his hand midway to the living, we caught eyes and he slightly smiled at me.
   I broke down once more looking at him, my face hurt with the muscles straining in my forehead.
   "Come sit levy." He said, and I did, still tears in my eyes and sat facing him on the couch, crissed crossed like him, his eyes searching mine as I took a moment to regain my composure.
   "Okay." I said breathing slowly. "I'm okay."
   "Your far from okay Shrimp. Tell me what your crying about."
   I told him what had happened, when Jet took his eyes off the attacker to see if I was okay when I was thrown to the side like a rag doll, but he wasnt fast enough to see that he was about to be hit and got slammed into Droy, who had already had a pretty bad beating, Jet definitely could have taken the attacker down, but the element of surprise made him fall, alonge with myself and Droy.  For a day we laid unconscious, in that time the attacker took the gold and left, the client found us, and without demanded us to leave at once.
   As I told what had happened,  Gajeel kept his eyes on me.
    "I never wanted this. I just wanted to help." I said lowly.
    "This is gonna be cheesy, hear me out, mistakes are meant to happen little girl, it's okay to mess up, you need to be more prepared and make sure next time Jet and Droy know that you can handle you self. Sounds to me that money didnt matter as much as you since they didnt shut you out."
    "But I'm supposed to be realiable." My voice shook.
    "When I was a child, Metallicana told me "everyone has an important role in life." Meaning we all can succeed in things others cant shrimp."
   "Are you saying I cant help fight?"
   "No, I'm saying you have a job, a job no one else can do and without you everything else would alter around all of us. The spells you put on the land to catch thieves and your script magic helps out a lot for others, you can make iron, that helps me, fire that helps Natsu."
    I felt him pick my head up to look at him.
   "If we didn't have you around to do the things you do, we would all be fucked for better words, Freed, Wendy, Jet, Droy, Lucy, we would all be affected, even me."
    "Really? You? Your so strong, and dont care what about others opinions. How could I affect you at all."
    "You just do." He said looking away,      "You make me feel at peace at Fairy tail." I looked up at him, everything he said was true, my job expressed my true strength, I couldnt fight, but I had the power within my knowledge. I looked into Gajeels eyes and weakly smiled.
   "I'm glad that I do, I feel better from you talking to me Gajeel, I feel so much better." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.
   "We should have more talks, their nice." I said, Gajeel grunted and rolled his eyes,
   "Yeah yeah, dont go so soft on me." I smiled and shifted a little to lean into him.
   I placed a light kiss on his cheek bone
   "Thankyou." I whispered. I felt his chest freeze, his posture stiffened. 
   "Your welcome shrimp." He patted my head in return.
   "Its late, I should be going." I said walking up to the door, before I left, Gajeel called after me.
   "Hey!"
   "Yeah?"
   "I would like that, to talk I mean." He said standing in the room, I smiled at him and nodded, I walked home with reassuring words from a man who I never thought could ease my heart.