Care for ya

The rain was pouring down so fast, so fast I didn't think I could actually see the raindrops, just a blur in the night, I gripped the door frame, staring out into the forest trying to focus on which way the wind was going.
   "Close the door shrimp." Gajeel said, I sighed.
   "Theres hardly a door to close." I replied closing the straw door. The cabin like habitat was made of wood and very tightly packed straw windows, the roof was made of straw and lines of water sprinkled into the room, it wasnt even a cabin, it was a like a fort we had been lucky enough to find on our way back from a job me and Gajeel took, turning around there was merely a bale of hay, crumpled to the floor, which I saw Gajeel prepared a pallet over, better then the damp floor for sure.
   The only light source was from my script magic, the spell lasted about an hour and it only gets dimmer by the minute, I noticed Gajeel wrapping his gash wound on his forarm, he had already wrapped his calf and a bandage around his torso, I scurried over to kneel next to him, his work half way done.
   "Let me." I gently took the half wrapped bandage from his hand and twisted the gaze around his arm, that was covered in dirt and burns, it saddened me that he always took so much damage.
   "Look at you, your a mess." I said grinning up at him, he had his eyes on my work.
   "Ah huh." And with that moments went by before I finished the bandage, let go of his arm and shoved my hair back out of my face, the still cold air and humidity made me break into a minor sweat. I caught eyes with Gajeel who's eyes were fixated to closely on me.
   "Whoa," he reached for my head and  tilted it slightly. "You have a gash on your temple." He immediately dug in the first aid kit for something.
   "Are you serious?" I asked going up to feel it, to see if it was really there, Gajeel pulled my hand away before I felt the side of my face.
   "Dont touch it, let me clean it." He held a wash rag, damp with probabaly the water from the ground, I nodded slightly as he proceeded to focus on my wound, i felt the chilly wet feeling on my head, feeling the motions of his method.
   "Can you hear out of this ear?" He gently asked.
   "Yeah I can, cant believe I didnt notice before." I left his breath hit my cheek, my eyes looked around the lower half of his face, not daring to look at his eyes for he would instantly look back, it's a natural reaction. His lip had been busted, and he had a burn on his chin, I watched as his Adam's apple go up and down as he swallowed. 
   Gajeel pulled away and sat the now bloody rag to the side, as he dug in the aid kit for a bandage.
    "Dont mess with it okay?" He said as he carefully placed the bandage on my temple, his fingers pressed at the end to make it stick more. His fingers slowly slide over my cheek and fell into his lap.
   "Okay." I fell silent for a second as I watched Gajeel put away the aid kit.
   "Wait."
   "Hm?"
   "I, I have another one." I slowly said, pulling down my sleeve and exposing a gash I got from getting crashed against a tree. He immediately looked at it.
   "This isnt new." He said, I gulped, of course he would know, he was probably exprecienced in this well enough.
   "Ah, yeah it happened on the way on the job when we got into some trouble with that dark magic creep. It reopened during the fight." I looked at to, watching him rub his forehead and sigh.
   "Is there something wrong?" I quietly asked.
    "No, its just," he got another rag out, damping it and now gently placing it over my collar bone. "I just, wish things like this I could prevent from happening. I know, its dumb to think you'll never get hurt," he kept his eyes on the wound. "But it pains me to see you like this."
    I touched his hand that was around my neck that was there to hold balance as he concentrated on cleaning my cut. "I'm a big girl, I can surely handle th-OWW" I hissed as I felt the newly spray burn my wound. Gajeel hushed my softly.
   "Its alcohol shrimp, your cut needed more then water to clean it out, I'm sorry I should have warned you." He then went to the kit to grab a larger bandage.
   "Its fine." I said as he placed the bandage on my upper chest, he was leaning in so close, his eyes so deep in precision and his hair sticking to his forehead, the bandanna coming lose and his usual frown. I wanted to close my distance with him and let the feeling of his lips take away the pain. I felt my cheeks get hot as I thought of ever kissing him, I kept my eyes on his.
    "What are you thinking about?" Gajeel asked, a common question both of asked each other in quiet times like this. If he only knew ha.
   "Just about getting back to the guild and putting on clean clothes and taking a long shower. " we both let out a chuckle.
   "A nice cleaning would be nice, I miss lily too." He said, I nodded.
   "Hes proabably gonna have a heart attack when he sees us, especially since the job wasn't nearly supposed to be this risky."
    "No kidding, this job was a pain in the ass, but at least I didnt get stuck with someone was as more of a pain in the ass." I blushed at his comment.
    "Thank you." I found my eyes with his for a moment, the way they looked so relaxed made me draw breath for it was my first time to see him so, comfortable.
   "Your welcome." His was soft but sounded sore, he removed his hands off of me and leaned back to look at his work, "Try not to itch at it, I know it will be temping, but it's not worth the wait of it healing."
   I nodded and pulled my sleeve up carefully, making sure to not mess up Gajeels work, he stood up and went over to the pallet he made and sat down, grunting, probabaly from his sore muscles, walking over silently I sat behind him and put my hands on his shoulders.
   "Its my turn to help you." I whispered, i moved his long thick hair to the side, rubbing my fingers into his back. Gajeel didnt say anything back and  was probably really tired, I made sure to hit the pressure points in his spine as I pushed my thumbs in at the low of his back and relaxed his shoulders more, here or there giving it a light scratch. 
   Gajeel faintly sighed as he slowly relaxed into my arms, minuets went by and I had my head resting on the back of his neck as I blindly worked on his back and shoulders, the sound of the rain trickling around us made me calm and eased my pain in my head and chest. The best part of all of this was I was getting to take care of him, not just sticking him in a hospital bed till he was healed, but real intimate touch. At least, that's what I considered this, a physical way of showing my gratitude, but it was proabably just a back massage to him. I sighed into his neck and stopped massaging all together and there I was, nearly asleep propped up against Gajeels back.
   "Gihi." I heard, Gajeel had started turning his body around, slightly alarming me, in seconds he was laying down on the pallet that was now warm from our body heat.
   "Come on, your tired." He nodded over to the empty spot on the pallet, I grinned.
   "I suppose I am." I blushed a little as I laid down next to him, he pulled over a thin fleece blanket over us, giving me majority of the blanket.
   "You'll freeze." I said trying to pull more onto him, but instead of just taking it, he ended up throwing it all on me.
   "I'll be alright." Before I could argue with him, Gajeel had turned his whole body around.
   "Fine, be like that." I said, scooting over to him more. Pressing my body against his back. "But I'm not gonna let you get cold." I pressed my cheek on his hair and put my legs his thighs,  since my legs couldnt reach his actual legs, not in this position at least.
    "Goodnight Gajeel."
    "Goodnight Shrimp."
   I snuggled closer, surprised to find myself listening to Gajeel lowly singing a song, more of a hum but his deep voice soothed me, like rocking on a boat, soon after I fell asleep. Rocking on a boat with Gajeel instead of a rainy shack