valentine pt 1

levy and gajeel are in 1st grade*

Levy POV
"Alright baby your brownies are in your backpack, as soon as you get to into the classroom you need to hand them to your teacher." My aunt said kissing my forehead, I gave her a smile and got out the car, pulling my large bag over my shoulder and walked into school, were at the table were my friends! Lucy and Cana.
"Happy valentines day Levy!" Waved Lucy, I smiled and raced over to them, in my hand were two special valentines for each.
"Happy valentines day Lucy! Happy valentines day Cana! Here guys i got you special cards." I handed them both.
"Awe! Thats so sweet levy! Here's mine to you!" Cana handed me. small blue card, the exact color as my hair. Inside was a drawing of the two of us on a hill, I laughed and put it in my lunch box to look at later. Same with Lucy's who had a blue cat and a black cat.
While we waited for the bell to ring for school to start we watched as everyone came up us to give us cards, as we did the same, cana kept most of the boys company as natsu ran to Lucy.
"Lucy! Look! I made you this pie!" He pulled out a pie from behind his back and put it in Lucy's face, she showed disgust.
"Natsu! It's made out of mud! I can't eat it." Natsu shook his head.
"Not all mud, there are some nuts and berries in there, I picked them from bushes!"
I began to laugh as Lucy pretended to gag as someone caught my eye, a skinny boy sitting by himself at a table in the corner, he had shaggy black hair and studs in his ears, and was looking away at someone opposite of me. Before I could approach him the bell rang. I was never late for the bell so I gathered my things and walked to class with Cana and Lucy.

The school day went along well with valentines activities and board games. And before I knew it, it was recess. My class and I raced out side to see the other classes already out playing, cana tugged me to come play kick ball when I spotted the boy again sitting in the grass.
"I'll play in a second." I told her. With that I made my way to him, careful to not get my slides filled with dirt, I carried my bag and lunch box for I forgot to take it off after lunch.
"Hello." I said, he flinched and looked over his shoulder at me, silent, turned back, I hesitated before getting closer.
"Do you mind if I sit with you?"
"Get lost." He mumbled, I remained where I stood looking down at him. Slowly I sat myself down next to him.
"My name is Levy Mcgarden." I tucked my hair behind my ears, waiting for a word from him but he kept his eyes straight. I looked at the hills ahead of us and the bright sky, it was warm out, I felt the sun on my skin and smiled.
"Its really pretty over here, I can see why you ar-"
"Will you go away?!" He turned his eyes to me startling me.
"Can I have your name first?" I fiddled with my fingers looking at him, his face had unusual features, but were symmetrical, he was rough looking. He looked at me for a moment more.
"Gajeel."
"Would you like a brownie Gajeel?" I pulled my backpack off my back and unzipped it, taking out the box of peanut butter brownies. My favorite.
"I don't like chocolate."
"Their peanut butter actually. Please?" I held a piece to him, slowly he took it, I felt like I could breath and enjoy the air around us. I took a piece out for myself and took a big bite, it was so yummy! I giggled a little, and he looked at me again his brows burrowed.
"Why are you talking to me? Don't you think I'm a freak, like everyone else?" He stuffed the rest of his brownie in his mouth, as I smiled sweetly at him.
"Of course not silly!"I giggled again. "No one should be alone on a day like this." My eyes wandered around till they went to the rings on his fingers of dragons.
"No one is ever alone, I think, you get to see ya mom and dad all the time dont cha? What makes today any different from the rest for people like you?" I felt a lump in my throat.
"I dont have a mom or dad." I quietly said, Gajeel looked at him with regret in his eyes.
"I-I'm sorry....Levy." His words were rough, but the kind words were nice to hear. I gave him a faint smile and shook my head.
"Its alright, but I'm not alone, I know they watch over me everyday." I inhaled slowly and exhaled looking at the clouds.
I looked over to see he was faintly smiling at me, his eyes were more open, and I couldn't help but feel a tingly in my chest, I returned his smile with an even bigger one.
"Do you want to see some cards my friends made me?" I asked, Gajeel nodded, from my lunch box I brought out Lucy's.
"She put stickers of cats on mine, see my favorite is."
"The black one." We said together, I blushed looking at him, as he did the same, brushing it off as a coincidence I showed him canas, and Natsu's and Juvias, and so on till I was all out of cards.
When we picked up the cards and put them in my lunchbox the bell rang, I felt a pang in my heart, for I wanted to stay longer and talk.
He stood up and lended me his hand to help me up, and as I stood on my feet I realized how much taller he was, and that he smelled of pennies. Overhead our teacher yelled for us to come inside.
"Thankyou for talking to me." He said looking away, instead of responding I quickly dug in my bag, taking the box of brownies out and stuffing them in his arms.
"Have these, and happy valentines day Gajeel, let's talk again! Bye bye!" I turned back and ran all the way inside, I ran from him, from this weird feeling I've never had before.
Part two next