twenty-two | 20:12

just another plain weekday for everyone else, but yoongi sees it as a special one. he holds the bunch of "pollen sticks" tied together with a ribbon, knocking on hoseok's door thrice before letting himself in with a hum. the younger seems occupied, facing the computer screen that's brightly lit, contrasting against the darkness that envelops the rest the room.

"jung," the paler male murmurs, tapping hoseok's shoulder with the bouquet. "very nice bass work you got there..?" he says, pointing at the computer screen. distracting himself with things that he knows best—music—and focusing on things he knows jack shit of—giving flowers—he knows it's safer to live like this.

yoongi's eyes were quick to avert elsewhere when the younger male finally draws his attention to the yellow bouquet of flowers, "what are these?" hoseok asks, blinking in confusion while the flowers sit close to his face, vibrant and fresh.

yoongi just stares at him with a twitching lip, attempting to speak but words die on his throats. he didn't quite hear what the younger said, but he did see the frown between hoseok's brows, so there's that.

is he getting rejected?
wow, kim taehyung, great plan!

yoongi wonders about what's the point of being covered in layers of fabric when he's feeling hot enough he might as well just melt himself and drip down the drain because just what the fuck is he doing? he fucked up, that is.

the elder male wriggles his wrist, a few petals falling off the bouquet unintentionally, hoseok lets out something like a gasp.

"take a guess?" yoongi says, dragging the last syllable as he raises the flowers up to the younger face, closer, just to spare him the shame of being seen. he clears his throat to calm his nerves before he sinks half of his face unto his enormous knitted scarf—the scarf that hoseok gifted him last christmas, that same scarf he argued to be ugly and unnecessary because of its length.

yoongi frowns, again, he looks away and completely accepts the fact that he failed to maintain the 'romantic connection' taehyung keeps on telling him about, that's for sure. "a-are—" he curses at himself for stuttering. "—you blind?"

the younger bites down his smile. "no— i mean what for?" hoseok says.

"for you." the other replies quietly, staring at his feet as if they're the most interesting pair in the world.

the younger chuckles at this, but takes the bouquet of flowers anyway. yoongi swore he could've vomit flowers with all the butterflies inside him every time hoseok smiles like the goddamn sun. is that even allowed? who gave him the permission to mess with yoongi's heart chambers like it's some sort of game he keeps on winning?

his is stomach flipping as he watches hoseok's eyes soften as he buries his nose into the bunch of flowers like it smells pleasant, when yoongi is pretty fucking sure flowers don't smell like anything except like grass and overpriced wrapper.

nonetheless, it was a sight to see. yoongi would pay plenty for overpriced pollen sticks if they make hoseok smile this way, everyday.

and the flowers seem to turn even vivid in colors when held by hoseok.

is this photosynthesis?

"thanks, baby." hoseok grins, standing up to peck yoongi's flustered cheek. the elder cleared his throat, again, biting his lip in an attempt to hide his nervousness. he hands are shaking.

he's reacting like a teenage boy, it's embarrassing. ah fuck. yoongi just wants to crash against the other's chest. he's not exactly used to this kind of affection, especially towards his favorite boy, but he can be if hoseok allows him to.

the taller male throws his arms around the other for a tight hug, in which yoongi returns with wrapping his arms around his torso, his face pressed against the fabric of hoseok's hoodie.

yoongi closes his eyes and relaxes between his arms, taking his mind off everything else that isn't about his sunshine, jung hoseok.

unlike normal boring weekdays, this is a good weekday.