thirty | 22:36

muffled laughs filled the room, cups of ramen and equipment all scattered as another night of work comes through yoongi's week.

it's completely tiring but strangely; with hoseok, it gets a little less draining.

"it's almost christmas," the younger murmurs out of the blue.

yoongi shrugs, pursing his lips as he chews. he was never the biggest fan of christmas, he refuses to support such festive activity loaded by capitalists to trick people unto spending all the money they saved up for the whole year. "just another day of work," the pale grumbles with his chopsticks still stuck between his lips.

"don't be such a grinch, hyung."

"i am not," yoongi mutters, shrugging his shoulders as he smashes the stereo buttons to shuffle another song that doesn't include bells and repetitive lyrics, especially those ones that involve the words; holiday, christmas, santa, and joy.

god. he's sick of it.

hoseok raises an eyebrow, completely unimpressed, "looks like it."

"yeah, whatever." yoongi snorts at the playing tune, unplugging the stereo and shuffles through the songs in his phone instead.

"hey! 'all i want for christmas' is such a bop!" hoseok gasps, tugging his shirt with such offended expression yoongi almost laughed.

"it's still november, hoseok, remember all saints' day? halloween?" the pale man mutters, "it's too early for christmas," he adds as he chooses mariah carey's song anyway.

ah, the things he does for hoseok, seriously.

---

yoongi focuses on his computer as hoseok scrolls through twitter. the smaller man was more than comfortable with having him around. being with hoseok was comforting than any other, of course, yoongi wouldn't mind having all the other members around too, but with jung hoseok? it's just not the same.

he was unafraid to have hoseok listening to his draft beats and messy raw lyrics. yoongi feels open enough around the younger to expose all the flaws he sweeps under his bed, even those ones he refuse to show the others for he, himself, tries to build a strong foundation as a hyung to other members.

but hoseok was different, he was much stronger than yoongi. he's the safe place the paler man hides into when he couldn't hide his weaknesses himself. the younger sits there in one bundle of warm comforting silence that it eases yoongi down from all the work to every frustration, always.

hoseok is just fantastic, great, amazing, and pleasingly one of a kind like that.

but, ah yes, but today just seems to be a shitty one, today is the complete opposite, fuck that shit. maybe you can really never have so much nice things in life. today yoongi feels like he's walking in a thin line of what's and how's and why's and everything alongside that. what if jung hoseok wakes up one day and realizes that yoongi isn't the best cuddler? what if hoseok opens his eyes and finally sees the toxic in yoongi that's sleeping under his bed? or what if yoongi soon wakes up and realizes that everything they built was just infatuation and nothing more?

"i'm kinda scared," yoongi says, catching hoseok's attention, "of?" the younger adds, "commitment?" his voice is weak as the word spills out his lips like a question, thin and uncertain, he sighs.

"well," hoseok leans back, "that's normal," he says with a small soothing smile, "people commit when they're prepared to do so."

then how come people are too into love but never ready to commit? does that even make sense? yoongi doesn't quite understand, but he nods anyway.

the humming of the air conditioner and his long pale fingers tapping through key buttons were the only pitter-patter that filled the studio space. he spills his questions in music, pushing buttons that feels like they would make sense even if they don't, somehow, in this way, his thoughts translates into something productive? useful? meaningful? beautiful?- well, it has to be something.

soon enough, yoongi finally stretches his arms as he wraps up the base work on the track, saving it immediately, then saving it again for five more times just for safety measure.

"i'm bored," hoseok yawns, turning his phone off to look up to yoongi's direction. the paler man turns his swivel chair to face the other. he looks at the younger, dead in the eye and spits, "just date me then."

hoseok drops his phone with a soft thud as it hits the floor. "are you serious?" hoseok asks, blinking in confusion.

"depends," yoongi scrunches his nose, moving with his chair to get closer to the younger as his eyes bore holes unto the other's, "do i sound like i'm joking to you?"

"well-" hoseok tilts his head to the side, lips turning into an evident pout. he shrugs and shakes his head, "it's difficult to tell."

yoongi only sighs as he presses his lips unto the younger's cheek. he wasn't joking, actually, but what he said was compulsive enough that it could've changed everything. thank god, hoseok is jung hoseok. yoongi knew he wouldn't mind this too much- he's just not that type of person. yoongi backs off from the mere thought and softly transitions unto leaving pecks all over his face.

"baby," he whispers, pressing an open kiss on hoseok's jaw. the younger hums, picking his phone up from the floor. "want to eat?" hoseok blurts out, "again?"

"your ass? preferably."

"oh my god, hyung!" this results into hoseok pinching yoongi's pale thigh, making him hiss in pain. "you're nasty!" the younger sneers. yoongi scoffs at this.

he's a very simple and clean man, thank you very much. hoseok is fighting his chuckles, but his ears are turning pink.

"you're brutal, jung."
"yeah, i am. what time is it?"

"time to accept my love for you, dimwit." yoongi utters with a shrug.

"oh my go-"

yoongi plays on the thin line of ice as if his life doesn't depend on it and maybe, if he's lucky enough, hoseok wouldn't mind playing the fool with him too.