Missing! (Heavy)

Requested by TheBlazingGalaxy!
Hope you enjoy! Despite this being something I put together at 2am 😂

His bone crushing hug greeted you same as every day as soon as you walked lazily downstairs and into the kitchen for breakfast. Your bunny-eared fuzzy slippers fell off your dangling feet as he held you far above the tiled floor.

"Heavy... CANT. BreAtHe." You managed to gasp, and he lowered you gently to the floor again with a chuckle. As soon as your warm feet collided with the cold floor you shrieked, scrambling to put on your slippers, tightening your fuzzy bathrobe.

"I don't know how you wake up and get dressed in record time every morning. You're faster than Scout." You said, smirking at him and clutching yourself to keep from shivering, the morning cold seeping around your warm body. Heavy snorted.

"You learn when you come from where I do." You nodded.

"I guess so." Walking into the kitchen with Heavy trailing behind you, you noticed Pyro struggling to pour a bowl of cereal, as his mask was put on sideways and his gloves were slipping off. You laughed, rushing over to help him.

"Hhrrrrr!!" Pyro said, scared at the sudden hands on his, guiding the milk back onto the counter before he made an even bigger mess of his breakfast. You twisted his mask straight on him and he finally noticed you, jumping a little. "(Y/n but muffled)!"

"Rough night, huh?" You asked with a giggle. He was too adorable.

Heavy looked on from the entryway to the kitchen as you helped Pyro fix his gloves and breakfast up, cleaning up any spills he made and making yourself a bowl while you were at it. He could feel his heart melt as you rushed around the kitchen, putting the cereal away, putting out the fire randomly started in Pyro's cereal bowl with milk, then putting away the carton, all making sure Pyro was good to go. Heavy stepped aside as Pyro exited the kitchen with a bounce in his step, cheery that you had helped him. Everyone thought Pyro was a freak but you somehow tamed him. He was the one thing Heavy feared and this woman half his height but twice his heart could go right up to him and make him cereal. If that wasn't the kindest, most adorable thing ever, then what was?

"Hello?" Heavy suddenly looked down at you as you snapped in front of his face.

"Huh?" He murmured, dazed. Oh no. He was thinking about you and missed what you said... Not again!!

"I asked if you wanted anything for breakfast. I'm heading out later for.." Heavy got lost in your features as you talked to him about whatever it was you were saying, absentmindedly nodding. He didn't really care. He could see your lips moving but nothing was coming out. Your soft (h/c) (curls/locks) were moving as you talked, animated and full of life. Suddenly you stopped talking, popping his pink dreamy bubble.

"So I'll seeya soon, okay Heavy?" You said after a moment of looking at his blank face. He simply nodded, and you frowned. He didn't seem dazed by what you said at all. His heart jumped. Was that the wrong thing to do?

Your smile returned, surprised at how well he handled the news and you hugged him, leaving him in the kitchen, confused but warm in his heart.

- - - - Later - - - -

Heavy had been talking to Medic during the afternoon over the warmth in his chest again. The first time Heavy had come to him Medic had worried about his über heart becoming infected but was quickly satisfied to see that was not the case. Medic told Heavy to see him whenever it happened, every time coming up with an absurd case it could be, only to be proven wrong when the warmth went right away when Heavy arrived in his lab. Finally Medic had realized what was wrong with him.