Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Funerals are supposed to be sad, right? Everyone is supposed to cry and weep about how much the person being lowered 6 feet under will be missed. It’s supposed to be cloudy and rain all day and night, you aren’t supposed to be happy. But me? I’m emotionless, because the person being lowered is my father. I don’t feel any it of sympathy for the people around me mourning over his death. My grandparents were weeping while I stood my ground, not feeling any bit of sadness flow through me. I hated him with all my heart and soul. He meant nothing to me, and I meant nothing to him. I felt the hand holding mine squeeze a bit and I looked over to see Justin. He was giving me a weak smile. I turned back and listened as the person speaking finished their speech, and then everyone was dismissed.

“You’re not upset…” Justin said, in a questionable tone.

“I hated him.” I replied breathlessly “I’m happy he’s gone”

In all honesty, I didn’t even want to come to the funeral. Even dead his body still reminded me of all the horrible things he’s done. He was a sick bastard and I’m happy that he’s rotting in his grave now. Justin was the only reason I came to the funeral. He was being buried in Michigan instead of San Diego because more family lived here. I turned around to see Gabe, Justin, Jack, and Jesse all staring at me. They all knew about my relationship with my dad, they only came for support I guess. I should be grateful that I have friends that caring but I was feeling emotionless right now. I feel as if I should be sad because he was my father, but instead I feel relieved. He can’t come back and fuck up my life anymore. He’s gone.

“Let’s go” Jesse said and I felt Justin pull on my hand

“Just give me a minute” I replied mono-tone. He dropped my hand sadly but walked away, and I was soon standing there looking down and my father’s tomb stone. I stared at it long and hard. I wonder if my mother ever found out that he was dead, I wonder what she’d do. She wouldn’t come back to me, that’s for sure. But even if she made an effort to find me to drop by and ask how my life is, it’d be great. “You’re gone” I whispered to myself, reading his name over and over again on the tomb stone. “You’re dead.”

I turned and walked to the car which Justin was sitting in. Jesse, Gabe, and Jack had already left in their car. I got into the passenger’s side and didn’t bother saying anything to Justin. I heard him sigh as he pulled away and started heading to the recording studio. Since we got off tour 4 nights ago we were already going to have to start another album. This would be our third. Even though I wasn’t in the mood for writing, and I just wanted to go lie on my bed for the rest of the day, I couldn’t. There was no need for me to act upset about something I wasn’t. I guess I was moody because seeing him (even though he’s dead) just brought back horrible memories.

I saw the building coming into view and I looked over and Justin who seemed deep in thought. I leaned over and put my hand on hid inner thigh lightly rubbing it with my thumb. He looked back at me and I gave him an apologetic smile, he just smiled back with a nod. I kept my hand there until he parked the car and them we both got out in sync. I met up with him at the front of the car and gave his lips a quick peck before intertwining our fingers together.

“Hey Guys” I smiled at them all as we entered the studio.

“Hey Kells! Oh, I think you got an email or something cause your laptop light up” Gabe said to me.

“Oh okay” I said with a smile and let go of Justin’s hand to go see what was up. I entered my password and sure enough there was an email there. It was from an unknown address so I simply shrugged. “I’ll open it later, we should work on our music” I said to them.