Chapter 3

(A/N I’m just going to state now that this is a fanFICTION, (hence fictional) so it’s not going to be identical to Pierce the Veil and Sleeping with Sirens Carers, their lives, etc.)

Chapter 3

Vics POV

I felt breathless and light headed. I was dripping in sweat and felt like I was on a high. I looked around to see Mike, Tony, and Jaime all looked the same. I would figure as much since we just finished a show in San Diego. I saw Mike and Tony talking while I was zoned out in my thoughts. My life currently is like a ticking time bomb, im constantly waiting for it to go off and for something bad to happen. My eyes scanned around the room until I fell upon Jaime’s smiling face.

“You alright Vic?” he asked me sweetly. I nodded in response, not wanting to talk. He lent in a pecked my lips lightly. Yes, I’m dating my best friend Jaime, and I have been for about 3 months now.

The past 4 years for me have held nothing but grieving and self-pity. When I broke up with Kellin I had nothing to go back to, nothing to hold, and nothing to care for. I let myself go and I was in a horrible estate for a good year and a half before I put everything I had into my music writing, and that’s when we began to get bigger and noticed, and then we got signed. After our band had grown I started to fall back into my depression because I was reminded of nothing but Kellin. So Jaime and I decided to, well, date, I guess. He knows the only reason I’m doing so is for a distraction. He knows I will never love him, because one of these days I am determined to find Kellin and beg for his forgiveness. Fuck his father and his pitiful threats; if I’m with Kellin no one can hurt him.

“Vic” I heard someone say my name. I ignored them. Not bothering to see whom said it and for what reason. I was thinking too hard again. My hand was subconsciously trailing over the scars on my wrist. It’s like whenever I think about Kellin I think about how hurt he was and how badly he wanted to die. I just wish I could figure out how he’s doing but sadly I don’t even know where he is in the world. For all I know, he could be dead. But I refuse to believe he’s dead. The cringing thought is that he literally wanted to kill himself because of me. I can’t believe I caused him that pain.

“Vic”

“What?” I snapped and turned my head to see it was Mike standing there. My face went from angry to apologetic as soon as I realized who it was. “Oh, sorry… What is it Mike?” I asked him and moved my gaze to my hands where I was playing with the sleeves of my hoodie.

“Here’s your water” He said. I took it from his grasp.

“Thank you” I replied and drank half the bottle in one gulp. I was pretty dry after playing a show so it was instantly refreshing to have some water in me.

“So Vic… What’s up?” Mike asked me knowingly. He knew exactly what was ‘up’ so I don’t understand why he’s asking me. He always tries to be some sort of therapist to me and get me to talk about what’s bothering me all the time but truth be told, talking about it only makes me feel more upset.

“The usual” I replied mono-tone. I may not want to be rude to my brother but I dislike it when he tries to go all like this on me.

“It’s been 4 years. You can’t keep beating yourself up for something like that Vic it... it’s going to tear you apart.” He said sadly.

“It’s fine Mike” I said rudely “Let get to our signing” I brushed passed him and walked out to see Jaime and Tony where already out there talking to some of the fans. I guess that explains where they had gone while I was in my mental trance. I walked over to Jaime and smiled at him. I wish I could have kissed him but our relationship wasn’t public, but everyone did know I was gay.