Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The next day produced of nothing but working on music. I wanted to read more of the letters, in fact my curiosity was killing me, but I couldn’t. I would have the letter in my hand, all ready to be read, and then my mind would confuse me and convince me there could be something bad in there. And in all honesty, there could. There could easily be something written that I had no interest in know or something that makes me sick to my stomach. The whole time I was kinda just really nervous and on edge, feeling like someone knew I was reading things I shouldn’t. But when I think of it the letters were directed to me so I have every right to read them. I’m not sure, I’ve just been… off.

Thursday was different. Vic knew I was a bit upset, I mean who wouldn’t? I just found out my mother had been trying to contact me for 2 years at least and before she died. I’m surprised im not crying and breaking down, I guess I just never had a normal relationship with her so I’m not too torn up about it, but sad enough that everyone around me knows I’m  upset. There’s the kind of upset where you want people to know you are but you won’t tell them what’s wrong unless they ask you maybe 3 times, then there’s the upset where you don’t want people to know so you act as if you’re overly okay so people don’t notice. I was the first kind, but Vic was the only who knew and I wanted to keep it that way.

Friday we all went out for dinner since we hadn’t in a while and we all thought since we were working so hard we deserved a night out. So we slept in late and worked for about 2-4 hours at lunch then headed to go to dinner. We ate faster than expected and all the guys wanted to go to a club since it had only been maybe 8pm. I wasn’t one to obligate with them so we went down to one of the local night clubs. It was a lot of fun, and for the whole day I completely forgot about everything that happened with the whole incident earlier in the week. Vic was very helpful to get it off my mind, especially after the club when we got home and he made me scream his name out.

But now, here it was. Saturday. With only a few days left in San Diego, Vic and I were going to tell the guys we were together. We’ve been together about 2 weeks now with only Mike knowing so I think everyone has cooled off a bit with the whole Vic and I thing, at least I think. Jaime seems completely normal to me. He’s acting as if nothing had ever happened, and for once I actually know it’s not an act. Justin is also acting very calm and cool about everything, but then again Justin is a much laid back person. He doesn’t hold grudges and is very easy to persuade, but that’s just how he is. I feel as if him and Jaime are getting a lot closer, especially considering the conversation they were having this morning (So what I was eavesdropping… pft…).

Vic was lying back on the couch listening to the music through headphones. I was simply sitting beside him holding his hand and playing with his fingers. A very simple and calming thing I found when we both just sat together in silence. I liked touching him (not sexually, although I do enjoy that too. If not more…), I liked tracing my fingers along his bones, veins, muscle. I felt like I was learning his body, the way he’s shaped and moves. How when I move my fingers closer to his neck and how I can nearly feel his heartbeat, and when I hear it I can count how many times it beats in a minute and how fast his heart beat picks up when he’s nervous or angry. The simple things like this that make me love every soft spot on his skin.

I’m not too sure what we were waiting for. I don’t think the guys were going to be that shocked to hear we were dating. I told Justin only moments ago and he didn’t seem fazed at all, simply said ‘I know’ and went on talking about how stupid Jack was the night before and about Jaime being sweet to him. It was different though with Jaime I guess, not sure how, I mean I dated Justin longer and he seems over it with a snap of his fingers. Which is kinda hurtful but I did cheat on him so if anything I should be guilty. I guess I was a lot more intimidated by Jaime than anyone though, I wasn’t before but knowing that he and Vic were together just makes him seem so much more… Powerful? Bigger? More important? I glanced at Vic, trying to read what expression was on his face. I poked him in the arm and he looked at me with a smile.