Chapter 20

Chapter 20 

“Stop!” I yelled “Get away!” I screamed and shot up from the bed. My body was on fire and I was sweating like I was working out or something, my heart beat was crazy, and I felt a wash of nausea wash over me. I flipped the blanket off of me and ran to the bathroom to empty my stomach.  After doing so, I sat on the floor beside the toilet. My legs were crossed and my arms were hugging my goose-bumped body. I felt un-usually cold at the moment, which doesn’t make sense because only seconds ago I felt like I was a flame. My breathing was slowly coming back down as I took in my surroundings. Vic hadn’t spent the night with me, which is understandable. I’ve been doing nothing but lying to him lately, hell I hate myself too. 

I stood up from the ground, my legs a bit shaky so I held to the counter for support, and walked to the basin to wash my face. The cold water felt good against my forehead, it felt hot even though I was currently only growing more and more goose bumps on my body. I shivered, my entire body felt sweaty and gross. I walked out of the bathroom only to look at the clock on the nightstand, 4am. I sighed to myself. Justin would be boarding his plane ride in about an hour. He said he’d be getting here around 9 or 10, regardless I had to go and get him. I sat on the edge of my bed and rubbed my forehead with my clammy hands. 

My dream. I hadn’t had it in so long I forgot about it.  It was the same dreadful night playing over in my head, only this time my mom was in it, and I imagined her being used like I had been. I guess the dreams had stopped after Vic and I were getting back to normal, but now he’s gone and I feel so alone at night. Have I really messed up that much that Vic doesn’t even want to be around me? I shook my head in thought, I better not over think anything right now, and things will turn out okay sooner or later. 

I rubbed my eyes, I felt tired, but I knew I wouldn’t be getting any sleep after my dream. So, feeling stiff and sleep deprived, I dragged myself to the bathroom once again to take a shower. I turned on the hot water and saw the steam flowing out of the shower. The steam filled my lungs warming me up on the inside and out. It was nice, calming, all I needed now was Vic. I stood under the hot water for a while, a long while. Long enough that I considerably noticed a change in the lighting outside. It’s probably around 5. I turned off the shower and dried myself off before walking into my room. 

I got changed into something casual. Since I wasn’t sure what Justin and I were going to be doing when he got here. Black jeans, pair of grey TOMS, a red tank top, grey beanie and my look was complete. The dark circles under my eyes were a dead giveaway of my sleepless night though, that I couldn’t fix. I sighed and peaked out of my room, no one else was awake. Of course no one’s awake Kellin its 5:32 in the morning! My phone buzzed in my pocket, a text from Justin. 

Justin: Boarding my plane now! See you in a bit buddy. 

Kellin: Sweet, call me when you land. 

I shoved my phone in my pants pocket. The house was quiet. Very quiet. It was unsettling. I didn’t like it.  I didn’t like that I woke up afraid, I didn’t like that Vic and I had an argument, and I hate that I was raped by some guy named Drew. I instantly blocked my thoughts; I don’t want mental images in my mind. I shook my head and walked down the hall to the stairs, I get the fact the guys are sleeping but I need breakfast. So I climbed up the stairs two at a time, trying to be stealthy but knowing I was failing. The aurora up here was different. It was homey, like the second you pass the door you instantly get a feeling of warmth. The kind of feeling I get whenever Vic is around me. 

The guys didn’t have much for food, like usual, we either have to make something or go out and buy it. But because it was still the wee hours of early morning I didn’t want to make something, so I had cereal. Simple, plain, but whatever. The lights got flicked on and I jumped in my seat, spinning around to see who had broken the darkness. It was Jaime.