Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The rest of the night went by slowly and boring. We basically talked, and by ‘we’ I mean Mike and I. Jaime would say something but I’d pretty much ignore it, Vic didn’t speak a word, and Tony joined in every now and then. The guys all went upstairs to watch a movie, Jaime invited me to come up but I declined. Partially because it was him asking but also I didn’t want to be in the room with Jaime and Vic watching a movie because of course you know what happens when couples watch movies together. So instead of getting involved with these guys that I may be spending the next month with, I’m sitting on my bed listening to music. My head phones were in and my music was up so I wouldn’t have to hear anything coming from upstairs.

My eyes were focused on the ceiling as I just let my mind flow, taking in on what happened today. If you ask me, it’s like this was planned or something because what are the odds this happens. I wonder if our fans knew anything about us in high school, probably not. But still it’s just a bit weird to think of. Anyways, it wouldn’t matter if it was ‘planned’ because Vic is with Jaime. Not me. I don’t understand why Vic is treating me like im contagious though. What did I ever do to him? He broke up with me for fucks sake! I should be hitting him and yelling at him, and giving him my long speeches I would rehearse to myself at night for when I saw him again. But no, when I finally see him what happens? This shit does, like there’s always some sort of thing in the way of my life.

I felt my neck getting damp, what the? I sat up and rubbed my cheeks and that’s when I realized I had been crying. The moment when you’re so deep in thought you actually don’t even realize you’re crying. I dried my face with the sleeves to my hoodie put on. I was nowhere near tired right now, it was only 10:30pm. I took out my headphones and the moment I did I heard a knock on my door, wonder oh wonder who that could be?

“Come in” I said quietly, but loud enough for the person to hear. The door opened a crack and then all the way, revealing Mike.

“Hey” I smiled at him “what’s up?” I said casually.

He smiled at me for a moment before shaking his head and then looked like he was thinking, probably trying to remember what he was going to say. “I like seeing you happy” he said. That was a surprise; I didn’t think he’d say that.

“Um, yeah. Me too.” I said awkwardly. I wasn’t really happy, well I was to see Mike of course. I hadn’t spoken to him in so long. 

“Sorry, just I remember in high school you like, never smiled. Anyways that’s not what I came down here to talk about” he said and waved his hand in the air, dismissing the conversation.

“Alright, what did you come down here for?” I said, not trying to sound rude. He stood still for a moment, then closed the door and sat on the chair which was across from my bed where I was sitting.

“How are you with like… being here?” he said, I knew he was talking about Vic. I had 2 options tell the truth or lie through my teeth. Option 2 sounded more pleasing.

“Good, trust me. I have a boyfriend at home and he’s wonderful.” I said, that wasn’t a total lie. Justin was wonderful, and honestly anyone I know would be so lucky to have him, I mean I know I am. But I’m not actually good about this whole thing. In fact being here is terrifying. Having to see Vic happy and ignore me while I silently cry my heart out for the next month doesn’t sit too well for me. I’m guessing Mike could see right through my lie because his facial expression told me he wasn’t buying it.

“Kells I just need to know” he said and I felt like my stomach was punched in the gut. Now I felt bad for lying to him in the first place, but I was also angry he thought I was lying, even though I partially was.